Twitter, Google, FB Rank High On Culture And Values
Micro-blogging site Twitter has received the highest rating from its workers in terms of corporate culture and values, according to the new report. Not only Twitter, technology companies have made a strong showing overall, filling 50 percent of the slot when it comes to best work culture and values, according to US-based career website Glassdoor that has recently released a report titled “Top 25 Companies for Culture & Values.”
Organizations with the best work culture and values were determined by reviews and ratings by former and current employees. The list of 25 top companies shows Google at No. 3, Riverbed at No. 4, Facebook at No. 5, Intuit at No. 7 and Apple at No. 15. Citrix and NetApp occupies No.19 and No.25 positions respectively.
Twitter ended up with an average score of 4.5 for culture and values on a scale of 1 to 5, said the report. The micro-blogging site was followed by public relations firm Edelman and internet search giant Google, both of which had an average rating of 4.4 out of 5.
What is it that Twitter employees love about their workplace? Friendly coworkers and an open environment where people are smart and yet willing to help one another were something appreciated by employees. For example, “Team meetings on the roof are the best, great teamwork and a lot of smart people too,” a software engineer at Twitter told Glassdoor.
The company’s core values help steer Twitter’s in a positive direction, some believe. Besides, Twitter employees also get free meals at its headquarters in San Francisco, yoga classes and unlimited vacation.
On the methodology, Glassdoor took employees’ opinions of their companies which were submitted anonymously. The website also asked employees to submit specific thoughts on their firms’ cultures and values.
- Aligning Organizational Culture with Right Talent
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Amazon Beats Apple, Google To Become World’s Most Valuable Brand
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Top 10 Tech Companies To Work With In India
- 3 Indian Brands that Know How To Use Humour on Twitter
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India