Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
Twitter has appointed Sriram Krishnan as senior director of product. Prior to joining Twitter, he has been associated with Facebook and Snap as ad tech executive, according to a recode report.
Krishnan left Snap earlier this year, just a month before the company’s IPO, he will however, not be working on ads at Twitter.
He will oversee several core features inside the main app, internally referred to as “Bluebird,” which includes timeline, direct messaging and search.
Previously, at Facebook, he looked after the company’s ad network, Audience Network. At Snap, he handled the ads API.
Twitter has seen a huge exodus over the past few years and was facing trouble retaining consumer product executives. However, Krishnan’s decision to join the company obviously talks of some spark in the company to attract someone like him who could have headed wherever he wanted.
The internal team now includes, CEO Jack Dorsey who has two product people reporting to him- Kayvon Beykpour, who runs all live video, including periscope; and Ed Ho, the general manager of all product and engineering at Twitter.
Keith Coleman, vice president of product, who joined in December, reports to Ho and Krishnan will report to Coleman.
Known as the most widely used symbols in the digital age, the hashtag of Twitter has just turned 10. The hashtag which was originally meant to simply ‘tag’ or categorize tweets was born on August 23, 2007.
A survey from ad platform RadiumOne found that 58 percent of respondents utilize hashtags on a regular basis, and 71 percent of regular hashtag users do so from their mobile devices. As the humble hashtag has become more ubiquitous businesses have found more creative ways to use them across social media sites from Facebook, Google+, YouTube to Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr and many more.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- CXOs Are Capitalizing On APIs To Boost Business: Study
- NetApp Appoints Senior Execs To Strengthen India Business
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces