Ubuntu to Release Dektop Edition 9.04 Tomorrow
Canonical, the commercial sponsor of Ubuntu, has announced that the new version of Ubuntu Desktop Edition -Ubuntu 9.04, will be available for free download from this Thursday. Also announced were the simultaneous releases of Ubuntu 9.04 Server Edition and Ubuntu 9.04 Netbook Remix (UNR).
The new desktop version will feature OpenOffice.org 3.0. This gives users a complete office suite that is entirely compatible with Microsoft Office.
"Ubuntu desktop edition make significant steps forward in appealing to mainstream computer users. With access to the latest office productivity suite, support for Skype and Adobe Flash, the new desktop Edition will see more people join millions of others and make the switch to an open platform," said Jane Silber, COO of Canonical.
The new version to have features such as immediate access after hibernation, intelligent switching between Wi-Fi and 3G environments and support more wireless devices and 3G cards, resulting in a smoother experience for most users.
Desktop-Linux Can Shape Enterprise Cost
- Flash Is Redefining The Way We Travel
- ITAM Aims To Reduce Software Spends Of CIOs
- Adobe Announces Aadhaar Integration in Adobe Sign
- Education IT Spending In APAC To Cross $11.8 Bn By 2020
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- 5 Specs Of A Futuristic Office Space
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (July 24-29)
- It's Time To Say Goodbye To Adobe Flash Player
- SHAREit Crosses 1 Bn Users; Bullish On India Market
- Flash: An Enabler For IT Transformation In India