UIDAI Gave Undue Favour Of Rs 4.92 Cr to Wipro: CAG
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which manages Aadhaar, has reportedly given undue favour of Rs 4.92 crore to IT services major Wipro in a maintenance contract, according to the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG).
India’s third largest software exporter, had bagged the UIDAI project in May 2011 for Rs. 134 crore which involved supplying, installing of servers computers, storage systems, security systems in the data centres of UIDAI in Bengaluru and Delhi/NCR region. These systems were to be fully operational, subject to an acceptance test based on UIDAI’s norms, the report stated.
“Unique Identification Authority of India in contravention of the provisions of the contract extended undue favour to the vendor (Wipro Limited) and incurred an avoidable expenditure of Rs 4.92 crore on annual maintenance contract of the equipment for a period covered under warranty/free maintenance,” the CAG said in a report tabled in Parliament, as published by BusinessLine.
Read more: UIDAI May Soon Enable Aadhaar On Smartphones
As per the report, in March 2013, the UIDAI agreed for annual maintenance contract (AMC) with the vendor. The AMC was of these equipment at a total cost of Rs 4.92 crore for the period from February 2013 to January 2014. An agreement was also signed between UIDAI and Wipro at later date on June 1, 2013.
“We draw attention to the response provided by UIDAI in the CAG report that the acceptance of goods was given by the competent authority in UIDAI after the commissioning of the equipment. The annual maintenance contract was signed post the expiry of the warranty period,” the company stated, denying any such charges.
(With inputs from agencies)
- Know Before Getting Your Cloud Architecture In Shape
- CISOs Should Help In Building Digital Trust With Consumers, Says Study
- Battling Cyber Risks With Intelligent Automation
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- Why Web-scale Is The Future Of Data Center
- Using AI, Big Data To Design The Right Curriculum
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Have We Learnt A Lesson From Facebook-Cambridge Analytica Crisis?