UIDAI to Facilitate NREGA Implementation
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will collaborate with National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to ensure effective implementation of the program.
UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani announced this formal collaboration on Thursday at a national workshop on NREGA organized by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi.
Nilekani added that the benefits of a unique identity number for each individual would help ensure greater effectiveness of the Act in implementation, payment delivery and transparency.
While emphasizing the need to connect the UID process with every job cardholder under the NREGA Scheme, Nilekani said, "The purpose of both these projects were similar - to ensure inclusiveness and a pro-poor approach."
The process would eliminate duplicate job cards, ghost beneficiaries while facilitating easy bank account opening, tracking the mobility of NREGA workers and ensuring a better monitoring of the system, Nilekani added.
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- AI To Become A Job Motivator, Not Job Killer: Gartner
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- What Makes Samsung Bullish On India Market?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision