UIDAI to Facilitate NREGA Implementation
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will collaborate with National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to ensure effective implementation of the program.
UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani announced this formal collaboration on Thursday at a national workshop on NREGA organized by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi.
Nilekani added that the benefits of a unique identity number for each individual would help ensure greater effectiveness of the Act in implementation, payment delivery and transparency.
While emphasizing the need to connect the UID process with every job cardholder under the NREGA Scheme, Nilekani said, "The purpose of both these projects were similar - to ensure inclusiveness and a pro-poor approach."
The process would eliminate duplicate job cards, ghost beneficiaries while facilitating easy bank account opening, tracking the mobility of NREGA workers and ensuring a better monitoring of the system, Nilekani added.
- India Says 'Yes' To Net Neutrality; What Does It Mean
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- How Smart Cities Of The Future Can Get Smarter
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- IT Veteran Neelam Dhawan Joins Ecosystm As Board Advisor
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Most Organizations Not Doing 'People Strategies' Right
- Robotics Jobs Are Seeing A Whopping Rise In India
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Cyber GCCs In India At The Cusp Of Transformation