UIDAI to Facilitate NREGA Implementation
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will collaborate with National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to ensure effective implementation of the program.
UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani announced this formal collaboration on Thursday at a national workshop on NREGA organized by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi.
Nilekani added that the benefits of a unique identity number for each individual would help ensure greater effectiveness of the Act in implementation, payment delivery and transparency.
While emphasizing the need to connect the UID process with every job cardholder under the NREGA Scheme, Nilekani said, "The purpose of both these projects were similar - to ensure inclusiveness and a pro-poor approach."
The process would eliminate duplicate job cards, ghost beneficiaries while facilitating easy bank account opening, tracking the mobility of NREGA workers and ensuring a better monitoring of the system, Nilekani added.
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study