UIDAI to Facilitate NREGA Implementation
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) will collaborate with National Rural Employment Guarantee Act to ensure effective implementation of the program.
UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani announced this formal collaboration on Thursday at a national workshop on NREGA organized by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in New Delhi.
Nilekani added that the benefits of a unique identity number for each individual would help ensure greater effectiveness of the Act in implementation, payment delivery and transparency.
While emphasizing the need to connect the UID process with every job cardholder under the NREGA Scheme, Nilekani said, "The purpose of both these projects were similar - to ensure inclusiveness and a pro-poor approach."
The process would eliminate duplicate job cards, ghost beneficiaries while facilitating easy bank account opening, tracking the mobility of NREGA workers and ensuring a better monitoring of the system, Nilekani added.
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Computex 2018, Smart Asia Trade Expo To Focus On AI, IoT
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- India Needs To Invest More On R&D
- India Inc's Progress on Gender Diversity: Good, Bad or Ugly?