Unisys Developing a Hybrid Cloud in India
Unisys Corporation is developing a ‘Hybrid Cloud’ in India to help clients break-through the barriers to adoption and gain a full range of options for cloud services, while safeguarding their operations and lowering IT costs.
The software major has recently been developing innovative cloud computing strategy and solutions portfolio for organizations to move enterprise application workloads securely to tailored cloud environments with greater confidence in maintaining the integrity of critical information.
Talking to CXOtoday, Bob Supnik, CTO Technology & VP, Engineering of Unisys Corp said, "Hybrid cloud is in the development phase and there is a significant contribution from Unisys India towards its development. Using the hybrid cloud, users can move their workload on a public cloud and then move it back to their data centre."
In fact, hybrid cloud is a cloud computing environment in which an organization provides and manages some resources in-house and has others provided externally. So if an organization might use a public cloud service, such as Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) for general computing but store customer data within its own data center. "Unisys does not have a specific solution called Hybrid Cloud. However, their cloud solutions such as Secure Cloud are also offered in hybrid model," said Supnik.
The introduction of highly secure cloud services will help overcome a perception among CIOs that it will be difficult for them to guarantee security and integrity of data once enterprise applications are moved from on-premise data centres out into the cloud.
It is most likely that in 2010 the company will sell hybrid clouds according to company sources, allowing customers to use Unisys tools to manage workloads that will seamlessly span their internal Unisys clouds and the external Unisys secure cloud.
- NDMC Partners With Indus Tower To Install 55 Smart Poles
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Online-Offline Channel Mix Leads To India's Smartphone Growth: IDC
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- There's Potential To Unlock USD 50-Bn in India's Online Commerce
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level