United Supermarkets Deploys Teradata Soln
Data warehousing major, Teradata has announced that United Supermarkets, a Texas-based regional retail grocery chain with stores in 50 locations, has selected Teradata to meet its growing and comprehensive enterprise information requirements.
The retailer is deploying a multiple-terabyte Data Warehouse Appliance from Teradata with the Retail Decisions Enterprise Suite, the Retail Logical Data Model, and Teradata Professional Services. In addition, the project is a win for the Teradata Accelerate for Data Warehousing program, a package including software, hardware and services, which enables companies to rapidly deploy and realize business value from their data warehouse investment.
The Teradata system will integrate and centralize the rapid flow of complex business information collected from across the organization and its thousands of sources and touchpoints. The Teradata system will be used for advanced business analysis of detail data, directly aimed at providing new insight for category management and marketing decision making.
"We were impressed by Teradata’s retail expertise, professional consulting services and its ability to deliver a system that is a perfect fit and price for our business and technology requirements," said Chris St. Clair, CIO, United Supermarkets, LLC. "Teradata gets retail - and they know exactly what we need. We increasingly rely on detailed and predictive insight to be successful - and the power of Teradata’s enterprise-class analytics has come at just the right time for our business."
"Retailers that choose Teradata over competing vendors do so because they are making a long-term investment in a powerful intelligence engine that meets very specific requirements for their unique business organizations and users - and returns great value," said Ed Dupee, vice president of global retail marketing and solutions for Teradata. "The best retailers don’t simply buy boxes. They have complex sets of requirements that most data platform vendors either don’t understand or cannot adequately address. We are pleased to welcome United Supermarkets into the global Teradata retail community."
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)