Unlock your mobile screen to get paid
Of the many things that you do with your smartphone every day, locking and unlocking it is perhaps the most frequent exercise. Now, imagine if you could make up to $10 a month doing just that every day!
US-based Locket, recently acquired VC funding and plan to place advertisement on your smartphone on the lockscreen—what you see immediately after you press the power button but before you actually swipe to unlock, reports the Economic Times.
The report stated that by just unlocking your phone, you could earn you US 1 cent per unlock (limited by a built in algorithm). In return, Locket will place what they call a targeted, ‘first glance’ ad on your device’s lockscreen. You don’t need to interact or click on the ad if you don’t want to—you get paid anyway. Based on roughly 12 hours of usage a day, you could draw $10 a month.
The project is on only for US-based users as of now. Locket plans to expand to other geographies, if it hits it off really well. For the deal to go through, all you need to do is download Locket app on to your smart phone and set up an email ID associated with a PayPal account.
You can get a payout from Locket when your balance reaches $10. Earnings are not just limited to ‘unlocks’, writes the report. The company is currently offering a $1 bonus for each successful referral and they also offer random cash bonuses to loyal customers.
HOW IT WORKS
1) Sign up for a PayPal account (if you don’t already have one)
2) Get locket from the Google Play Store and give them the email ID associated with your PayPal account.
3) The app replaces your lockscreen and delivers a targeted (and attractive) advertisement.
4) You can interact with the ad or just unlock your phone â€” you get paid either way. A built in algorithm won’t pay out if you keep locking and unlocking the phone to get money. If you use and interact more with the app, it pays out more.
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- PayPal Launches Domestic Operations In India
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- How Digital Is Transforming Child Healthcare
- Mobility Is The Future Of Banking
- Indian Smartphone Market Sees A Silver Lining
- India Govt Puts Chinese Handsets Under Scanner: Report
- PayPal To Acquire Swift Financial For Lending Biz Expansion
- Ashok Leyland Introduces Digital Market Place