Unlocking business value with unified communications
Unified communications (UC) is gaining grounds in India and sectors such as government, banking and manufacturing are the primary adopters of this technology, according to Frost & Sullivan.
The analyst firm noted that the UC market in India showed an increase in the adoption level as there has been an increased awareness on the emerging industry trends such as social collaboration, virtualisation, cloud communication, and mobile conferencing. The overall spending on UC in India has been estimated at USD 522.7 million in 2011 said Frost and Sullivan, with maximum deployment witnessed by the large enterprises, especially in the manufacturing, government and the banking and financial segment.
According to the analyst firm, latest collaboration technologies like UC enables enterprises to deliver quicker and better decision making, enhance collaboration across geographically diverse teams, and improve overall efficiency to drive agility.
To discuss challenges and opportunities in the UC space and the implementation of successful UC solutions, Frost & Sullivan will be hosting its 3rd Annual South Asia Unified Communications Summit 2012 in Mumbai, Bangalore, and Delhi on September 11, 13, and 18, respectively.
“Most enterprises have transitioned from legacy to pure IP-based communication systems. Real-time and multi-modal communications have facilitated adoption of various on-premise applications, and we now see the movement in adoption of cloud-based UC solutions,” said Parminder Saini, Industry Manager, Information and Communication Technologies Practice, Frost & Sullivan, South Asia and Middle East.
He added that the UC summit would look at various technology choices for business collaboration that are available to enterprises and will witness participation from CIOs and key decision-makers across sectors including IT/ITeS, telecom, BFSI, manufacturing, government and healthcare.
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Indian Firms Are More 'IT Transformed' Than Rest Of Asia: Study
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- AI, Blockchain Shake Up The Drilling Industry: Study
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Five Key Takeaways From Cisco India Summit 2018
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- Ex-SoftBank Executive Nikesh Arora Joins Palo Alto As CEO