Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
Rapid growth in data volumes, cloud technology and increasing number of connected devices, has brought the Internet of Things [IoT] face to face with new set of challenges. At the same time, through continuous innovation, IoT has also presented a host of new opportunities to businesses of all sizes and industries.
This technology will be fundamental in realizing business value in the future—unlocking the value hidden in data, identifying and creating new services, enhancing productivity and eﬃciency, improving real-time decision making, solving critical problems, and developing new and innovative user experiences.
Right from Data Centers that are looking to efficiently scale in anticipation of the flood of data generated by people and machines, driving interest in software defined networking (SDN), off-the- shelf hardware, and open source technology to cloud where there is a critical demand for infrastructure and trusted systems, adaptive analytics which can perform in the cloud in this system-of-systems, automotive, security, telcos and the private cloud.
The below infographic discusses about how this system-of-systems will play a fundamental role in enabling businesses to realise their value in the future, and how it has a role to play in every aspect of the business from the most basic element to the most complicated one.
Key Highlights of the Infographic:
- With the amount of data doubling every two years, Data Centers are looking to efficiently scale in anticipation of the flood of data generated by people and machines, driving interest in software defined networking (SDN), off-the-shelf hardware, and open source technology.
- Only 15% of data today is structured; 85%—generated by humans and machines—is not.
- Enabling predictive maintenance and self-diagnostics, real-time analytics are performed autonomously by machines and devices.
Infographic courtesy: Wind River Systems
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- More SMBs Investing In Data Security, CRM: Study
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- More Commercial Blockchain Activities In 2019: Deloitte
- One In 400 Software Developers In India Have Blockchain Skills: Report
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business