Unnikrishnan Nair to Drive Spice's Marketing Plan
VAS player Spice Digital has roped in Microsoft’s Unnikrishnan B Nair as the company s new chief marketing officer (CMO). Till recently, he was director, Mobile Solutions, at Microsoft India.
Nair will be responsible for introducing innovative products to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the company s customers in the competitive telecom industry.
According to Saket Agarwal, CEO, Spice Digital, the company has seen tremendous growth in its business over the last few years. However, the market is becoming extremely competitive as it prepares to witness yet another revolution in the telecom industry, he said.
"Unni’s varied experience in marketing, sales and operations across industries will help us offer more creative and innovative products through a more robust and integrated marketing approach, thereby meeting the rapidly evolving needs of our customers," Nair said.
The present-day environment in the telecom sector presents Spice Digital with tremendous opportunity — tariff wars in the present day and the introduction of services in future like number portability are likely to compel operators to provide customers with new and innovative VAS products for retention as well as increasing ARPUs, said Nair
"Both new as well as established operators would want to offer service differentiators to their consumers and we are confident of being able to cater to these market dynamics," added Nair, on his appointment.
Nair is an alumni of NMIMS, Mumbai and has experience spanning FMCG, retail banking, telecom and ITeS. He has earlier worked for HDFC Bank and Satyam Infoway.
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- How IoT Is Revolutionizing CPG Industry
- Why IoT Security Needs A Rethink
- 3 Technologies That's Changing The Insurance Sector
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- How E-Tailers Can Gain From Online Flash Sales
- What Makes Evry So Bullish On India Market