UTI Bank Deploys CDMA-ATM, Searches For BI
In an effort to take ATM connectivity to the next level by reducing costs and increasing efficiency up, UTI Bank has just successfully completed the trial deployment of a CDMA enabled ATM paving the way for such systems for future ATM installations of the bank. The bank now plans to deploy an effective business intelligence (BI) solution.
Sharing his thoughts on the recent success to CXOtoday, a beaming VK Ramani, said, “As all our future ATMs will be based on the CDMA technology, this will result in tremendous savings in terms of real estate costs. We are expecting a reduction of almost 50% in real estate costs with the new approach of connectivity.” The technology has been provided by Reliance Infocomm.
In line with its customer centric focus, the premier bank recently concluded a customer relationship management project that runs on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 platform with Oracle database at the back end, an indication of the bank’s consistent efforts in giving the Open Source initiative a shot in the arm.
Taking this forward is the latest initiative on business intelligence. Informed Ramani, “We wish to have an elaborate business intelligence mechanism as we deal with a mammoth database and an ever swelling volume of transactions. With a BI tool in place, we expect to bring in greater efficiency in our business operations processing. In addition users will not have to write exclusive structured query language (SQL) to cull out data.”
Since 2000 UTI bank has been using Finacle as their core banking application (CBS) and according to Ramani the upgrade and customization of the CBS is a continuous activity based on business operation needs.
The bank has 1500 ATMs and 300 branches connected through 2 Mbps and 64 Kbps leased lines. It allocates close to Rs 35 crore on IT annually of which around 20% is spent on acquiring appropriate networking technology.
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Home Is Where IoT Is: Life In A Smart House
- Edtech Can Play A Vital Role In Woman Empowerment
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- Reliance Disruption: Jio Launches A Zero Priced Feature Phone
- Big Data In E-Commerce: Spotting, Analyzing, Acting
- Despite Security Threats, IoT Is Here To Stay: Study
- Did NRN Give Corporate Ethics The Short Shrift?
- Is It Curtains For Brand RCom Post Aircel Merger?
- Biometrics-Enabled Tech To Become Enterprise Reality