Utimaco Opens India Office to Tap Growth Potential
To further increase its brand presence in India, Utimaco, the data security company and a member of the Sophos Group, has opened a new office in Mumbai. The company aims to position itself as a leading provider of data security and encryption solutions.
"The opening of Utimaco’s India office will help us tap the rapid regional economic growth in Mumbai and meet increased demand for our information protection and control solutions across the vertical market spectrum," said Altaf Halde, country manager, India.
He added, "This office will provide our current and future customers and partners with local support for all activities and, as a result, we foresee a large jump in customer acquisitions."
Utimaco solutions are marketed in India through value-added distributors WeP India and IValue Infosolutions since more than a year.
The company, which has recently expanded its base in the United States, Poland, Australia and New Zealand, is aiming to deliver comprehensive, 360-degree security solutions to growing international markets.
The Asia-Pacific region accounted for 40.6% of worldwide real GDP growth in 2008, as against 33% in 2007. Analyst firm Gartner has forecast continued expansion through 2012 in this region.
"Within the Asia-Pacific region, India is considered to be one of the most promising and important future markets," said Marc Wilczek, managing director-Asia Pacific of Utimaco. "Therefore it plays a vital role in our global growth strategy."
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India