Veeam and Lenovo Partner to Deliver Intelligent Data Management
Veeam Software announced a new global partnership with Lenovo that will enable customers to purchase Veeam Intelligent Data Management solutions with Lenovo Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) and Storage Area Network (SAN) offerings directly from Lenovo and its resellers in a single transaction. Veeam’s integration with Lenovo solutions provides organizations with a broad range of choice and flexibility to deliver availability, IT simplicity, scalable performance, operational efficiency and accelerated innovation for the Hyper-Available Enterprise.
“Lenovo’s decision to resell Veeam Intelligent Data Management and Availability solutions with their offerings reflects Veeam’s market momentum and leadership,” said Peter McKay, President and Co-CEO of Veeam. “It’s a prime example of two technology leaders collaborating to provide the most seamless and efficient sales and deployment process for its partners and customers. Lenovo’s global reach and extensive partner ecosystem, combined with the strong growth of its Data Center Infrastructure (DCI) and Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) business units, provides Veeam customers with the best purchasing experience.”
The combination of Lenovo SDI and SAN solutions with the Veeam Hyper-Availability Platform provides Lenovo customers and business partners with a one-stop shop for accelerating digital transformation. This combination of technology dramatically simplifies IT, mitigates risk and delivers the intelligent data management required to accelerate and grow businesses. As a result, customers can eliminate the costs and complexity of legacy infrastructure, virtualization and data protection management, and provide increased ROI through intelligent data management solutions that accelerate application development and deployment, support data analytics, and simplify disaster recovery (DR). Organizations also receive the assurance that the combined Veeam and Lenovo solution is validated by both companies and will deliver optimal business benefits.
“Veeam’s strong track record of innovation combined with their focus on creating a great user experience aligns with our customer-first approach. This alliance further enables us to provide an effortless customer experience and relevant solutions to our customers,” said John Majeski, who leads the Software and Solutions business at Lenovo Data Center Group. “Businesses want solutions that provide IT simplicity while delivering Intelligent Transformation across environments. Veeam Availability Solutions deliver the IT simplicity and Intelligent Data Management needed for Lenovo Spectrum Virtualize SAN solutions, as well as for Lenovo’s SDI portfolio of ThinkAgile offerings with VMware, Microsoft and Nutanix to accelerate digital transformation while mitigating business risk.”
With Veeam, Lenovo customers attain IT simplicity and hyper-availability by leveraging Veeam’s easy to deploy and easy to manage architecture, to enhance availability service levels for all applications and data across virtual, physical and cloud workloads.
“The multi-cloud capabilities of Veeam combined with Lenovo’s extensive portfolio of hybrid cloud solutions, provides organizations with the unprecedented choice, flexibility and agility needed to stay competitive in the digital economy,” said Carey Stanton, Vice President of Global Alliances at Veeam. “This partnership is yet another example of how Veeam is helping customers ensure availability across all clouds without compromising availability, performance, efficiency or manageability.”
Veeam’s backup and rapid recovery capabilities deliver the following benefits and capabilities:
- Simplified IT operational management: Veeam’s direct integration with VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix Acropolis helps automate backup and recovery operations to ensure the Hyper-Availability of critical applications and data
- Recovery Granularity: Ensures minimal disruption to business operations by providing users with multiple restore options to enhance availability service levels. Options range from recovery of an entire VM or individual files and application items;
- Accelerated Innovation: Veeam DataLabs environments can be created quickly. In addition to improving the ROI on secondary Lenovo storage investments, this capability enables accelerated application development and testing, efficient DR testing to meet corporate data governance and compliance, and data analytics for enhanced business intelligence.
“The availability of Veeam’s intelligent data management software on Lenovo SDI and SAN offerings will offer a great combination for customers. We are seeing more and more organizations looking to integrate their data management with their SDI and SAN solutions, simplifying their data center and core data management at the same time,” said Edwin Yuen, senior analyst at ESG. “The new partnership by Lenovo and Veeam is focused at the heart of that market and is part of a growing list of companies that are partnering with Veeam to combine their solutions with Veeam’s leadership in data management.”
- Healthcare Firms Keen To Invest In Hybrid Cloud, Says Study
- Enterprises Realizing Power Of Autonomous Cloud, Says Oracle's Steve Daheb
- Top 10 India Predictions On Cloud initiatives By 2023: IDC
- Financial Services And The Cloud: It’s Now or Never
- Talent Shortage, A Key Concern For Organizations: Gartner
- Infor Invests USD 1.5 Bn Ahead of Potential IPO
- Study Highlights Widening Skill Gap In Indian IT Industry
- 6 Predictions For Surveillance Industry In 2019
- Making Data Hyper-Available To The Multi-Cloud Enterprise
- 3 Trends That Will Rule Data Protection in 2019