Venture Infotek Receives PCI DSS Validation
Venture Infotek has received compliance and certification for PCI DSS v1.2 for the second year in succession, the company announced today.
The PCI Data Security Standard represents the best practices defined by VISA USA, VISA International, MasterCard Worldwide, American Express, Discover Network and JCB, to help facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
All level 1 providers need to undergo an annual on-site PCI data security assessment by an independent qualified security assessor (QSA) to retain compliance. In Venture Infotek’s case, the audit was conducted by ControlCase, a QSA from PCI Security Standards Council. The certificate is valid for twelve months and will be renewed thereafter subject to successful reassessment.
The PCI DSS is a multifaceted security standard that includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures, intended to help organizations proactively protect and safeguard sensitive customer account data.
Venture Infotek manages payment card and other transactions emanating from over 170,000 merchant locations in India. Last year, the company processed 150 million transactions with a commerce value of Rs. 35,000 crore. (USD 7 Bn).
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- What's BitLocker’s Role In Encryption And Compliance?
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Policybazaar Deploys Trend Micro’s Solutions To Boost Security
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec