Venture Infotek Receives PCI DSS Validation
Venture Infotek has received compliance and certification for PCI DSS v1.2 for the second year in succession, the company announced today.
The PCI Data Security Standard represents the best practices defined by VISA USA, VISA International, MasterCard Worldwide, American Express, Discover Network and JCB, to help facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
All level 1 providers need to undergo an annual on-site PCI data security assessment by an independent qualified security assessor (QSA) to retain compliance. In Venture Infotek’s case, the audit was conducted by ControlCase, a QSA from PCI Security Standards Council. The certificate is valid for twelve months and will be renewed thereafter subject to successful reassessment.
The PCI DSS is a multifaceted security standard that includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures, intended to help organizations proactively protect and safeguard sensitive customer account data.
Venture Infotek manages payment card and other transactions emanating from over 170,000 merchant locations in India. Last year, the company processed 150 million transactions with a commerce value of Rs. 35,000 crore. (USD 7 Bn).
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Top Tips To Avoid Last-Minute GDPR ‘Cramming’
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations
- How Livechat Helps Foodpanda Speed Up Its Delivery