Venture Infotek Receives PCI DSS Validation
Venture Infotek has received compliance and certification for PCI DSS v1.2 for the second year in succession, the company announced today.
The PCI Data Security Standard represents the best practices defined by VISA USA, VISA International, MasterCard Worldwide, American Express, Discover Network and JCB, to help facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
All level 1 providers need to undergo an annual on-site PCI data security assessment by an independent qualified security assessor (QSA) to retain compliance. In Venture Infotek’s case, the audit was conducted by ControlCase, a QSA from PCI Security Standards Council. The certificate is valid for twelve months and will be renewed thereafter subject to successful reassessment.
The PCI DSS is a multifaceted security standard that includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures, intended to help organizations proactively protect and safeguard sensitive customer account data.
Venture Infotek manages payment card and other transactions emanating from over 170,000 merchant locations in India. Last year, the company processed 150 million transactions with a commerce value of Rs. 35,000 crore. (USD 7 Bn).
- 70% Indian Firms To Deploy AI By 2020: Intel
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Cyber Security Jobs At Premium As India Goes Digital
- Social Commerce: The Next Big Thing In Payment?
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Cyber Security Predictions For 2018
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy