Venture Infotek Receives PCI DSS Validation
Venture Infotek has received compliance and certification for PCI DSS v1.2 for the second year in succession, the company announced today.
The PCI Data Security Standard represents the best practices defined by VISA USA, VISA International, MasterCard Worldwide, American Express, Discover Network and JCB, to help facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
All level 1 providers need to undergo an annual on-site PCI data security assessment by an independent qualified security assessor (QSA) to retain compliance. In Venture Infotek’s case, the audit was conducted by ControlCase, a QSA from PCI Security Standards Council. The certificate is valid for twelve months and will be renewed thereafter subject to successful reassessment.
The PCI DSS is a multifaceted security standard that includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures, intended to help organizations proactively protect and safeguard sensitive customer account data.
Venture Infotek manages payment card and other transactions emanating from over 170,000 merchant locations in India. Last year, the company processed 150 million transactions with a commerce value of Rs. 35,000 crore. (USD 7 Bn).
- Business Intelligence In Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- Study Reveals Why CISO Should Report To The CEO
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- E-Retailing To Grow By 2.5 Times In 3 Years: Crisil
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- PNB Scam: Some Tech Lessons For Indian Banks
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable