Venture Infotek Receives PCI DSS Validation
Venture Infotek has received compliance and certification for PCI DSS v1.2 for the second year in succession, the company announced today.
The PCI Data Security Standard represents the best practices defined by VISA USA, VISA International, MasterCard Worldwide, American Express, Discover Network and JCB, to help facilitate the broad adoption of consistent data security measures on a global basis.
All level 1 providers need to undergo an annual on-site PCI data security assessment by an independent qualified security assessor (QSA) to retain compliance. In Venture Infotek’s case, the audit was conducted by ControlCase, a QSA from PCI Security Standards Council. The certificate is valid for twelve months and will be renewed thereafter subject to successful reassessment.
The PCI DSS is a multifaceted security standard that includes requirements for security management, policies, procedures, network architecture, software design and other critical protective measures, intended to help organizations proactively protect and safeguard sensitive customer account data.
Venture Infotek manages payment card and other transactions emanating from over 170,000 merchant locations in India. Last year, the company processed 150 million transactions with a commerce value of Rs. 35,000 crore. (USD 7 Bn).
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Diwali Shopping
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Rubique To Expand To 100 Cities by March 2018
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Flipkart To Invest USD 500 Mn In Its Payments Arm PhonePe