Verizon, finally gets a bite of the Apple
Verizon (NYSE:VZ) wireless and Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) recently announced that the iPhone 4 will be available on the Verizon wireless network beginning on February 10. Qualified Verizon wireless customers will be given the opportunity to pre-order iPhone 4 online on February 3, ahead of general availability.
On this development, Lowell McAdam, president and chief operating officer, Verizon, said, “This is an important step for the industry as two great companies join forces to give wireless customers one of the most important technological additions to the mobile landscape this century.”
iPhone 4 features Apple’s retina display, the highest resolution display ever built into a phone and FaceTime, that supports video calling. It also enable customers to connect up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices.
“Verizon Wireless customers have told us they can’t wait to get their hands on iPhone 4, and we think they are going to love it,” exclaimed Tim Cook, COO, Apple.
The company informed that, iPhone 4 incorporates a 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, HD video recording, Apple’s A4 chip, a 3-axis gyro and a glass and stainless steel design. iPhone 4 also comes with iOS 4, mobile operating system. iPhone 4 customers have access to the popular App Store(SM) with more than 3,00,000 apps available in an incredible range of 20 categories.
iPhone 4 will be available for a price of $199.99 for the 16GB model and $299.99 for the 32GB model with a new two year customer agreement. iPhone 4 will be available at more than 2,000 Verizon wireless communications stores nationwide, online, at Apple retail stores, at Apple authorized resellers.
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Cos Failing PCI DSS Compliance Are At Greater Cyber Risks
- Apple Partners With Accenture On Enterprise Mobile Apps
- Apple Star Engineer Chris Lattner Joins Google
- Xiaomi Beats Fitbit, Apple In The Global Wearable Market
- Tim Cook Assures More Money, Energy For Apple In India
- Apple Names Deirdre O’Brien New VP of People
- Most-Loved Tech CEOs And What Sets Them Apart