Verizon, McAfee on the Cloud
To provide integrated security solutions to businesses and government agencies worldwide, Verizon Business and McAfee Inc have formed a global strategic alliance.
Under this agreement, Verizon will offer McAfee’s entire line of enterprise security products and services while McAfee taps Verizon’s datacenter outsourcing and expert consulting and managed services capabilities. Additionally, the companies will jointly develop a suite of next-generation, cloud-based managed security services.
The agreement between Verizon and McAfee will provide enterprise clients comprehensive world-class security solutions and services, including new cloud-based offerings. Additionally, both the companies will deliver solutions that will effectively meet enterprise and government security challenges ahead, especially as more communications functions move to the ‘cloud’, or network, to take advantage of faster implementation, enhanced security and lower costs.
The new agreement includes the following components:
- Verizon now offers the full complement of McAfee enterprise security solutions to its diverse client base through Verizon’s customer premises equipment (CPE) catalog.
- Starting this fall, Verizon Business will offer McAfee’s PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance services to acquiring banks and other organizations that support merchants that handle fewer than 20,000 e-commerce transactions or up to 1 million credit card transactions each per year.
- McAfee customers will have access to Verizon Business’ network of 1,200 security professionals who can help design, implement and integrate holistic security solutions worldwide.
- Together, McAfee and Verizon Business will offer a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services (MSS) to enterprises, leveraging the strength of Verizon Business MSS offerings and McAfee’s technology.
- Verizon Business will provide datacenter outsourcing services to McAfee. Verizon Business will help McAfee consolidate its datacenters, enabling McAfee to further improve the 24×7 management of its Web hosting operations and better position the company to deliver cloud-based solutions.
- Verizon Business and McAfee will jointly develop and market a suite of next-generation, cloud-based managed security solutions, expanding Verizon Business’ current portfolio of cloud-based security solutions.
Verizon and McAfee will offer these new solutions in North America, South America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- 5 Steps CISOs Can Implement to Enhance Customer Experience
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- Digital Workplaces Will Enhance Productivity, Says Zinnov
- What's Stopping CEOs From Meeting Growth Targets