Verizon's cloud-based service for mobile workers
Verizon Business has unveiled a cloud-based service that will help on-the-go workers to quickly and securely access their corporate networks, while making it easier for IT managers to manage a global mobile workforce. The new offering, Enterprise Mobility as a Service, uses advanced software and an intuitive user interface to enable employee laptops and netbooks to detect and connect to the best network service at a given time and place - for example, the network with the strongest signal or the one with the lowest charges. Businesses can configure employees’ portable computers to select the appropriate network, automatically or with the single click of a mouse. The networks include Wi-Fi, Ethernet, mobile broadband and virtual private network services.
"Enterprise Mobility as a Service helps address an assortment of challenges multinational companies face deploying, managing and securing the tools of the trade for a mobile workforce," said Bart Vansevenant, director of enterprise solutions for Verizon Business. "The combination of simplicity and reliability helps employees access their corporate network while alleviating the strain on IT department resources, leading to greater enterprise productivity."
The Enterprise Mobility solution will be available next month in 30 countries and territories in Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas, with local billing, currency and support options available. Since the solution is sold as a service, customers are charged monthly on a per user basis, so they pay for only what they use.
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Taming The 3 Dragons of Network Monitoring
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content: CTO
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- AI Is The Future of Cybersecurity
- People Analytics Drives Strong Business Outcomes: Study
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization