Videoconferencing and Telepresence market reaches $2.7 billion in 2011: IDC
Growth has been spurred by more well-defined video use cases among organizations across a range of vertical market segments.
The total enterprise videoconferencing market revenue for the full year 2011 reached $2.7 billion, an increase of 20.5 percent over the full year 2010, according to International Data Corporation (IDC).
The results of IDC’s Worldwide Enterprise Videoconferencing and Telepresence Qview showed a strong fourth quarter of 2011 (4Q11), with videoconferencing revenue growing 19.0 percent quarter over quarter and 24.6 percent year over year to reach $807.9 million. Specifically, the single-codec telepresence segment of the market grew 38.7 percent year over year to $444.1 million and now accounts for 55.0 percent of the total market.
“Growth has been spurred on by more well-defined video use cases among organizations across a range of vertical market segments, including healthcare, higher education, financial services, legal, law enforcement, manufacturing, and retail,”said Rich Costello, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Communications Infrastructure, at IDC.
The growth in 2010 was 16.6 percent over 2009, pointing to an accelerated adoption of video in the enterprise segment.
IDC expects growth over the next several years to be bolstered by the impact of video integrated with vendors’ unified communications and collaboration portfolios, and increasing video usage among small workgroups, desktop users, and mobile device users.
“There is little doubt about the success videoconferencing and telepresence have had over the past few years, fueled by strong revenue and shipment growth rates and the increasing popularity of video among enterprises,” said Petr Jirovsky, Senior Research Analyst, Worldwide Networking Trackers Research.
IDC stated that the enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence market will continue to be one of the fastest growing networking markets for the foreseeable future.
- How AI-ML Are Fueling Video Editing Innovations
- Plantronics Completes USD 2-Bn Polycom Acquisition
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- CIOs Say, Rapid Innovation Puts CX At Risk: Study
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- Cheaper, Faster Internet Spur India's OTT Growth: Study
- Solving The Key Enterprise Collaboration Problem
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government