Vidyut Metallics Deploys Depot Mgmt System
Godrej Infotech Ltd has recently implemented a Web-based depot management system in Vidyut Metallics Ltd., the second largest manufacturer of razor blades in the world (makers of SuperMax shaving products).
Speaking to CXOtoday, Reghu K. S., manager-information technology, Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd., said, “Depot Management System is an online solution that integrates all transactions occurring in the depots seamlessly with the company’s existing Baan ERP system in the factory.”
The solution, which has been implemented four months back sends online information such as billing, inventory, material-on-transit, etc back to the ERP solution thus improving the overall supply chain cycle substantially.
Speaking about the benefits, Reghu continued, “Since the solution is Web-based even the management can view and check the information and status. That is a key advantage of the solution. Additional features such as analytical capabilities are added advantages.”
Finally, in terms of ROI, Reghu stated that since the implementation is only on a test basis, its difficult to put a figure.
- Why Financial Sector CIOs Should Get On Top Of Machine Learning
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- How Much Of Human Jobs Will Be Performed By Machines?
- How To Build A Workforce Of Relentless Change Agents
- Google, L&T Team Up For 150 Hotspots In Pune
- 5 Mantras To Keep Your Company Data Safe
- Ecommerce Market To Reach $33 Bn, IT-BPM at $140 Bn This Fiscal: Study
- Enterprise AI Moves Beyond Experimentation: Infosys
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India