Vidyut Metallics Deploys Depot Mgmt System
Godrej Infotech Ltd has recently implemented a Web-based depot management system in Vidyut Metallics Ltd., the second largest manufacturer of razor blades in the world (makers of SuperMax shaving products).
Speaking to CXOtoday, Reghu K. S., manager-information technology, Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd., said, “Depot Management System is an online solution that integrates all transactions occurring in the depots seamlessly with the company’s existing Baan ERP system in the factory.”
The solution, which has been implemented four months back sends online information such as billing, inventory, material-on-transit, etc back to the ERP solution thus improving the overall supply chain cycle substantially.
Speaking about the benefits, Reghu continued, “Since the solution is Web-based even the management can view and check the information and status. That is a key advantage of the solution. Additional features such as analytical capabilities are added advantages.”
Finally, in terms of ROI, Reghu stated that since the implementation is only on a test basis, its difficult to put a figure.
- Multi-Cloud Environments Force CIOs To Rethink Cloud Strategies
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 5 Supply Chain Management Trends for 2018
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT
- Transforming Business With Cloud Migration
- Forget Prevention, Firms Struggle To Even Detect Cyber Threats
- CFOs Focusing On Expense Mgmt To Cut Travel Costs
- How Cisco Turns Jaipur Into A Digital, Smart City
- Altaf Halde Joins Network Intelligence Business Head