Vidyut Metallics Deploys Depot Mgmt System
Godrej Infotech Ltd has recently implemented a Web-based depot management system in Vidyut Metallics Ltd., the second largest manufacturer of razor blades in the world (makers of SuperMax shaving products).
Speaking to CXOtoday, Reghu K. S., manager-information technology, Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd., said, “Depot Management System is an online solution that integrates all transactions occurring in the depots seamlessly with the company’s existing Baan ERP system in the factory.”
The solution, which has been implemented four months back sends online information such as billing, inventory, material-on-transit, etc back to the ERP solution thus improving the overall supply chain cycle substantially.
Speaking about the benefits, Reghu continued, “Since the solution is Web-based even the management can view and check the information and status. That is a key advantage of the solution. Additional features such as analytical capabilities are added advantages.”
Finally, in terms of ROI, Reghu stated that since the implementation is only on a test basis, its difficult to put a figure.
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Information Management Can Drive Digital Transformation Effort
- Data Fragmentation Causing Cost, Compliance Headaches For CDOs
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner