Virtualization Aids DR and Data Security Mgmt
ICICI Bank (ICICIBANK) of India uses VMware Infrastructure 3 to build out an IT infrastructure that helps improve IT service delivery and reduce costs, said the company.
Benefits of virtualization include:
Cloud computing: One of the fastest-growing business model uses virtualization. Bmi, the second-largest airline at London’s Heathrow Airport, has started to move up to 90 percent of its IT infrastructure to a VMware vCloud platform hosted by the service provider.
Desktop to Datacenter: As per VMware, customers using virtualization for centralized desktop management enable IT organizations to deliver rich, personalized virtual desktops to any device.
"Customers need to understand that virtualization is much more than just consolidation. It’s about manageability, flexibility and being smart about how they run their businesses," said Tod Nielsen, CEO at VMware.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Is There A Weak Link In Your Encryption Strategy?
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study