Virtualization does not always work well
It is not surprising to find IT firms, which are remotely related to the cloud, evangelize the benefits of the cloud and virtualization at the drop of a hat. In India companies such as Google and Amazon are synonymous with cloud services, however there are others who with their unique proposition are making their presence felt to Indian customers.
For instance, Verizon Business believes that its ‘Everything as a Service’ model could potentially transform business operations and enable more sustainable, cost-efficient business models that will help support future competitiveness.
‘Everything as a Service’ includes offering data centre services, managed hosting, application management and other solutions and services. According to Mark Beaumont, director, global product development - IT Solutions, at Verizon Business customers are free deploy services from one or multiple datacenters. Currently the company has data centres in Amsterdam and on the East Coast of the US, and will soon open new facilities in Hong Kong and in San Jose on the West Coast of the US.
Verizon Business has always targeted the enterprise market and their focus has been on security, network and multiple network connectivity options. The company has been managing servers for more than 15 years now and Mark admits that a virtualized environment though offers great utilization does not necessarily work well for everyone.
Mark added, "We not only offer the platform on virtual servers but also have the capability to offer it on physical servers as well. Additionally users can also deploy and provision physical servers through a user interface in the same way it is done for virtual servers. If you have a high throughput then a physical server is the best choice."
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?