Virus Koobface Plays Havoc on Facebook, Twitter
A new virus is spreading through social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Twitter targeting its users.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), under the Department of Information Technology, said a new worm - Koobface - is propagating through social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, hi5, Bebo and Twitter.
CERT, the apex body that monitors Internet security threats in the country, said the virus is spreading by sending spam containing a message with a link to a video to people on these sites.
What makes Koobface particularly dangerous is the virus uses the infected machine to target other systems and distribute additional malware, generate ‘pay per click’ advertising revenue and steal sensitive data, CERT said on its website.
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- 5 Reasons For Cos To Use Business Centres For Office Spaces
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- How Mumbai Police Found Its Twitter Success Formula
- Unlocking The Business Value Of Internet of Things [Infographic]
- Equifax Breach: Lessons For Indian Companies
- Twitter Hashtag@10: Why Brands Should Care
- What's Driving CRM Growth In India?