Virus Koobface Plays Havoc on Facebook, Twitter
A new virus is spreading through social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Twitter targeting its users.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), under the Department of Information Technology, said a new worm - Koobface - is propagating through social networking sites such as Facebook, MySpace, hi5, Bebo and Twitter.
CERT, the apex body that monitors Internet security threats in the country, said the virus is spreading by sending spam containing a message with a link to a video to people on these sites.
What makes Koobface particularly dangerous is the virus uses the infected machine to target other systems and distribute additional malware, generate ‘pay per click’ advertising revenue and steal sensitive data, CERT said on its website.
- CIO Klub Plans Regional, Global Expansion: Umesh Mehta
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- How To Become Cisco CCNA Security 210-260 Certified
- Technostress Hampers Productivity At Workplace: Microsoft
- Internet Exceeds 4 Bn-Users, But 50 pc Still Offline
- How Digital India Can Celebrate The Spirit Of Republic Day
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- Zuckerberg Pledges Renewed Zeal In Facebook’s Biz Model