VMware Announces Acquisition Of Arkin Net
VMware has announced to acquire Arkin Net, a software-defined data center security and operations solution provide company. With the acquisition of Arkin, and through the integration of VMware vRealize Suite, cloud management teams will have access to a new generation of planning, troubleshooting and automation platform that provide visibility and control across the entire data center environment. With the acquisition of Arkin, VMware vRealize Suite will have the ability to extend across the entire SDDC, including the VMware NSX network virtualization layer.
“Arkin is a great fit for VMware and its customers as we look to accelerate our growth businesses including cloud management and network virtualization,” said Ajay Singh, senior vice president and general manager, cloud management business unit, VMware.
“With VMware NSX combined with Arkin and vRealize, VMware will deliver the security and operations management plane for the SDDC. Over time, Arkin will solidify vRealize Suite’s position as the industry’s most comprehensive Cloud Management Platform that delivers application-focused operations, NSX micro-segmentation at scale and cross-domain visibility and context across physical and logical infrastructure”, he added.
“Arkin and VMware have been great partners and we’re now excited to join the VMware family to take Arkin to the next level,” said Shiv Agarwal, co-founder and chief executive officer, Arkin. “
Arkin delivers a new operations paradigm that has been built from the ground up for VMware NSX network virtualization and is fully aligned with the core NSX use cases of IT automation, security and application continuity”, he added.
VMware and Arkin are already collaborating to meet the needs of mutual customers such as Columbia Sportswear, California Department of Water Resources (CDWR) and Nebraska Medicine.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. The transaction is expected to close in Q2 2016.
- Cognitive Computing: An Essential Science In HR
- Why Enterprises Should Adopt Hybrid Cloud
- Infosys To Acquire Product Design Firm Brilliant Basics
- Verizon Completes Yahoo Deal, Marissa Mayer Exits
- Big Data In E-Commerce: Spotting, Analyzing, Acting
- VMware To Deliver Horizon Cloud On Microsoft Azure
- Dell EMC To Simplify Enterprise IoT Deployments
- Enterprise Market Is Ripe For Network Virtualization
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today - (Jan 23-28)
- Indian IT May Become Obsolete Without AI, Automation