VMware Completes SpringSource Acquisition
VMware announced the completion of the acquisition of SpringSource, a player in the enterprise and web application development space.
"The combination of VMware and SpringSource will enable us to offer a superior platform for both internal and external cloud environments that can host both existing and new applications," said Paul Maritz, president and CEO of VMware. "This combination will move us forward in our mission to simplify enterprise IT and make customer environments more efficient, scalable and easier to manage."
SpringSource will become a division of VMware and will be led by Rod Johnson, the founder and CEO of SpringSource, who will serve as its general manager. This division will continue to focus on providing developers and customers tools and services for developing enterprise and web applications on all platforms, with an additional focus on helping VMware create integrated products that deliver a simplified ‘build, run and manage’ experience based on both SpringSource technologies and VMware vSphere.
These new products will extend VMware’s strategy to deliver Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions that can be hosted at customer datacenters or at service providers, said the company in a press statement.
- Customer-Facing Web, Mobile Apps Pose Highest Security Risk: Study
- The Enterprise Gains From Micro Frontend
- The Evolution Of Computer Science Programs
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network
- How App Delivery Can Keep Pace With The Dynamic Market
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Poor Cybersecurity Hygiene Leads To Greater Risks: Study
- Why Enterprises Should Adopt Hybrid Cloud