VMware expands cloud infrastructure strategy
At VMworld 2010, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a virtualization and cloud infrastructure solution provider, announced six new products and services that are aimed to help enterprises and service providers achieve the benefits of cloud computing while maintaining the control and freedom of choice they require.
According to VMware, ‘IT as a Service’ is the transformation of IT to a more business-centric approach, focusing on outcomes such as operational efficiency, competitiveness and rapid response. IT shifts from producing IT services to optimizing production and consumption of those services in ways that are consistent with business requirements. This changes the role of IT from a cost center to a center of strategic value.
“Enterprises are embracing a new model of infrastructure to deliver IT as a Service through hybrid cloud computing,” said Raghu Raghuram, senior vice president and general manager, virtualization and cloud platforms, VMware. “The products and services we are launching today provide a comprehensive enterprise architecture that will deliver the agility and economics of the cloud with the security and quality of service our enterprise customers need.”
Building on the VMware vSphere foundation, VMware’s new cloud infrastructure products and services introduce a hybrid cloud model that seamlessly bridges private and public clouds. These are: VMware vCloud Director (a new model for delivering and consuming infrastructure services), VMware vShield product family (three products that provide security for virtual and cloud environments), VMware vCloud Datacenter Services (secure, interoperable enterprise-class hybrid clouds delivered by service providers), VMware vCloud Consulting Services (to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud, this includes a complete portfolio of professional service offerings).
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- 6 Key Trends For Artificial Intelligence Powering The Investment Sector
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- How Is Data Masking Done?
- For AWS, Artificial Intelligence Is The Way Forward
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services