VMware expands cloud infrastructure strategy
At VMworld 2010, VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW), a virtualization and cloud infrastructure solution provider, announced six new products and services that are aimed to help enterprises and service providers achieve the benefits of cloud computing while maintaining the control and freedom of choice they require.
According to VMware, ‘IT as a Service’ is the transformation of IT to a more business-centric approach, focusing on outcomes such as operational efficiency, competitiveness and rapid response. IT shifts from producing IT services to optimizing production and consumption of those services in ways that are consistent with business requirements. This changes the role of IT from a cost center to a center of strategic value.
“Enterprises are embracing a new model of infrastructure to deliver IT as a Service through hybrid cloud computing,” said Raghu Raghuram, senior vice president and general manager, virtualization and cloud platforms, VMware. “The products and services we are launching today provide a comprehensive enterprise architecture that will deliver the agility and economics of the cloud with the security and quality of service our enterprise customers need.”
Building on the VMware vSphere foundation, VMware’s new cloud infrastructure products and services introduce a hybrid cloud model that seamlessly bridges private and public clouds. These are: VMware vCloud Director (a new model for delivering and consuming infrastructure services), VMware vShield product family (three products that provide security for virtual and cloud environments), VMware vCloud Datacenter Services (secure, interoperable enterprise-class hybrid clouds delivered by service providers), VMware vCloud Consulting Services (to help customers accelerate their journey to the cloud, this includes a complete portfolio of professional service offerings).
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Data Science: A Success Mantra For Business Optimization
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros