VMware targets Gujarat for cloud-based offerings
Opens an office in Ahmedabad as it sees see a huge opportunity for cloud solutions in the state.
Virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions provider VMware opened an office in Ahmedabad to tap the growing demand for virtualization and cloud computing based solutions from the region.
“The opening of our office in Ahmedabad not only extends our local presence in Gujarat, but also demonstrates our commitment to our customers and partners in the region,” said T Srinivasan, Managing Director, VMware India and SAARC.
VMware has already signed on a significant number of customers in the region and expects to grow this number with a formal presence in Gujarat.
“We see a huge opportunity for our cloud solutions as we believe that organizations in the State of Gujarat are increasingly looking at IT to be more flexible and responsive to their dynamic business needs, while improving efficiency and controlling costs.”
VMware said that it will address the cloud requirements of large corporations across manufacturing, BFSI, education, healthcare, auto, mining and pharmaceutical sectors in Gujarat. It also sees an exciting opportunity with the fast emerging small and medium businesses, as well with the State Government.
VMware entered India in 2004, and already has a strong presence across India with offices in Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.It employs over 1,500 people across India. The company recently announced the opening of its second R&D center in India in Pune.
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- India Opens Second IT Corridor In China
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Leveraging Cloud Based Payments Effectively
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- Starbucks Brews Up Digital Transformation With Microsoft Azure
- Why AWS Is A Growth Engine For Indian Businesses