VMware unveils comprehensive platform for workforce mobility
To solve the security and governance challenges consumer-ready applications and devices bring to enterprises, VMware has unveiled the VMware Horizon Suite. This comprehensive platform for workforce mobility will connect end users to their data, applications and desktops on any device without sacrificing IT security and control. With updates to VMware Horizon View and VMware Horizon Mirage, as well as a new product, VMware Horizon Workspace, the VMware Horizon Suite will enable IT organizations to empower users with a secure, easy-to-manage virtual workspace that delivers a consistent, compelling experience across devices.
The newly introduced VMware Horizon Workspace enables organizations to easily add new devices, users or applications without having to reconfigure the devices or endpoints. In addition, centralized management simplifies the enforcement and management of user policies so the entire solution will enhance safety and security.
The new version of VMware Horizon View with Unity will offer a new intuitive, gesture-oriented interface to transform your Windows mobile environment into a tablet-friendly user experience. The solution has a simplified access to remote Horizon View desktops using any HTML 5 capable browser, which will enable end users to conveniently access their virtual desktop and applications on any device without having to install burdensome client software ahead of time.
The VMware Horizon Mirage 4 is a layered image management solution that separates the PC into logical layers owned and managed by either IT or the end user. It will give IT the ability to update individual layers without disruption to other layers, thus enabling end-user data and applications to be up to date.
- Why Enterprises Should Adopt Hybrid Cloud
- IFFCO Undertakes a Complete Digital Journey
- VMware To Deliver Horizon Cloud On Microsoft Azure
- Dell EMC To Simplify Enterprise IoT Deployments
- Enterprise Market Is Ripe For Network Virtualization
- How Google Is Powering Enterprise Productivity, Collaboration
- After Apple, BlackBerry Joins ‘Make in India’ Initiative
- Top 6 CXO Trends Companies Should Know In 2017
- Is CEO The 'Odd One Out' In The Boardroom?
- SAP Unveils Digital Boardroom For Indian Enterprises