VMware’s Cloud-based Service for the Enterprise
For enterprises looking to move email and collaboration apps to the cloud,VMware has rolled out Zimbra Collaboration Server 8.0.
According to the company, the newest version of Zimbra is designed to offer enterprises of all size and verticals the option to deploy a browser-based e-mail solution in a private or public cloud, while delivering the advanced features and enterprise functionality that IT managers look for. In order to simplify the IT management, Zimbra 8.0 is available as a virtual software appliance that can be deployed in as little as ten minutes and needs minimal ongoing management.
The new offering connects users to their personal cloud via a revamped interface and a smart mailbox designed to manage the flow of information through email, calendar, voice and social channels. For example, the system automatically moves bulk or unimportant email out of the inbox to activity streams.
“We’re witnessing a fundamental shift in the way enterprises work, and in turn a new set of demands that are put on IT infrastructure and applications like e-mail and integration communications,” said John Robb Senior Director at VMware. Zimbra 8, he said is designed to make end users more efficient by connecting them with their data while providing IT departments a simple way to manage the transition to a public or private cloud and help deliver the benefits promised in today’s. challenging business environment.
With this launch, VMware has now posed a stronger challenge to the cloud majors such as Google and Microsoft, both of which currently dominate the cloud-based email market. VMware is doing so by positioning Zimbra as a smarter platform for enterprise customers and through a comprehensive go-to market. VMware has also partnered with Cisco and Mitel for embedding unified communications features to its Zimbra web app.
Zimbra 8.0 is available worldwide to download now in beta mode.
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Google Eyes Indian Enterprises With Its Cloud Partnership Program
- Ozonetel Brings AI-Driven Contact Centers; Unveils Roadmap
- Fog Computing Market To Cross USD 700 Mn By 2024
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Ericsson Sees 5G Readiness On The Rise
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon