VMware’s Cloud-based Service for the Enterprise
For enterprises looking to move email and collaboration apps to the cloud,VMware has rolled out Zimbra Collaboration Server 8.0.
According to the company, the newest version of Zimbra is designed to offer enterprises of all size and verticals the option to deploy a browser-based e-mail solution in a private or public cloud, while delivering the advanced features and enterprise functionality that IT managers look for. In order to simplify the IT management, Zimbra 8.0 is available as a virtual software appliance that can be deployed in as little as ten minutes and needs minimal ongoing management.
The new offering connects users to their personal cloud via a revamped interface and a smart mailbox designed to manage the flow of information through email, calendar, voice and social channels. For example, the system automatically moves bulk or unimportant email out of the inbox to activity streams.
“We’re witnessing a fundamental shift in the way enterprises work, and in turn a new set of demands that are put on IT infrastructure and applications like e-mail and integration communications,” said John Robb Senior Director at VMware. Zimbra 8, he said is designed to make end users more efficient by connecting them with their data while providing IT departments a simple way to manage the transition to a public or private cloud and help deliver the benefits promised in today’s. challenging business environment.
With this launch, VMware has now posed a stronger challenge to the cloud majors such as Google and Microsoft, both of which currently dominate the cloud-based email market. VMware is doing so by positioning Zimbra as a smarter platform for enterprise customers and through a comprehensive go-to market. VMware has also partnered with Cisco and Mitel for embedding unified communications features to its Zimbra web app.
Zimbra 8.0 is available worldwide to download now in beta mode.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- How CEO Can Avoid Digital Transformation Failure: McKinsey
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Stratus Unveils Edge Computing Strategy
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks