Vodafone Announces Dedicated Division For Content
Telecom major, Vodafone has announced a new dedicated division in India for generating content to boost its 3G and 4G data services in the country.
The new vertical will comprise of a 10 member team, which will also rope in external content providers to fetch more options to the subscribers of the telecom service provider. The decision by the UK headquartered operator is being cited as a response to Reliance Jio Infocom’s move to focus aggressively on video related content and other applications to pull subscribers.
The new division’s team will also focus on producing content for specific segments of its subscribers in the country, as per the company.
Telecom operators in the country are consistently upgrading their bandwidth capacity to target potential 4G subscribers and are indulged in a race to beam bandwidth intensive content on the go.
Vodafone is eyeing opportunities in different age as well as socio-economic segments among its subscribers and has rolled out specific schemes to target them.
The company last year unveiled Vodafone Red, aimed at urban working population falling between 30-40 years of age, it also launched Vodafone U for the college going segment of 18-24 years, featuring discounted calling on specific numbers, bundled costs for content etc.
Experts predict that data will undisputedly rule the 4G space and the operator, offering the most number of 4G compatible applications will garner an upper hand in the market.
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Content Strategy Strongly Impacts IT Sales
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Government To Help Feebler Telcos Make Smooth Exit
- OTT Gaining Momentum Due To Faster Internet
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone