Vodafone Essar selects Nokia Siemens for 3G services
Vodafone Essar has collaborated with Nokia Siemens networks to supply, implement and manage its 3G network in six circles, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh (East), rest of West Bengal and Haryana, where it secured 3G spectrum. As the operator’s major 2G vendor, Nokia Siemens networks aims to exploit the clear evolution path from GSM to deploy 3G.
“Nokia Siemens Networks is the 3G leader and we view our relationship as a strategic alliance built around delivering and maintaining the high-quality service which Vodafone customers expect,” commented Marten Pieters, MD, Vodafone Essar.
According to Vodafone Essar, Nokia Siemens Networks will supply its radio and core network technology. Apart from this, it will also provide related services including network planning and project management to enable fast and high-quality 3G network implementation.
“We are fully geared-up for a speedy implementation of the 3G network, optimizing existing GSM technology to reduce the total cost of ownership for the operator. Subscribers can expect exciting new mobile broadband services and seamless interoperability between 2G and 3G networks,” remarked Urs Pennanen, head of Nokia Siemens Networks, India.
Nokia Siemens Networks will also operate the 3G network for three years under a managed services contract, as informed. Nokia Siemens Networks will use its own NetAct network management system to monitor and optimize its network performance.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- McAfee Acquires Cloud Security Startup Skyhigh Networks
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- The Evolution Of Computer Science Programs
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network