Vodafone Essar selects Nokia Siemens for 3G services
Vodafone Essar has collaborated with Nokia Siemens networks to supply, implement and manage its 3G network in six circles, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh (East), rest of West Bengal and Haryana, where it secured 3G spectrum. As the operator’s major 2G vendor, Nokia Siemens networks aims to exploit the clear evolution path from GSM to deploy 3G.
“Nokia Siemens Networks is the 3G leader and we view our relationship as a strategic alliance built around delivering and maintaining the high-quality service which Vodafone customers expect,” commented Marten Pieters, MD, Vodafone Essar.
According to Vodafone Essar, Nokia Siemens Networks will supply its radio and core network technology. Apart from this, it will also provide related services including network planning and project management to enable fast and high-quality 3G network implementation.
“We are fully geared-up for a speedy implementation of the 3G network, optimizing existing GSM technology to reduce the total cost of ownership for the operator. Subscribers can expect exciting new mobile broadband services and seamless interoperability between 2G and 3G networks,” remarked Urs Pennanen, head of Nokia Siemens Networks, India.
Nokia Siemens Networks will also operate the 3G network for three years under a managed services contract, as informed. Nokia Siemens Networks will use its own NetAct network management system to monitor and optimize its network performance.
- Password Protected Wi-Fi Is Also Prone To Hacks: Study
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- How AI Can Disrupt Recruitment Process
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- AI, Machine Learning, Cognitive Computing - Learn These Or Perish
- SITA Helps Vistara Speed Up Communication
- Brocade Branches Out SDN Controller Into Lumina