Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to deploy Dassault's V6 solution
Dassault Systèmes, a 3D and product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions and McLaren Racing, the operating arm of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team, recently announced a partnership to further enhance racing car development efficiency. As per the agreement McLaren Racing will deploy Dassault’s open V6 PLM solutions. Enovia V6 will provide McLaren Racing with a single IP reference for managing engineering, intellectual property and business processes, while Catia V6 will be used for design and concurrent engineering.
“By signing this important agreement with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes we are building a stronger partnership with a great Formula 1 team. This new collaboration demonstrates Formula 1’s world commitment to innovation,” commented Bernard Charles, CEO, Dassault Systèmes.
This deployment is expected to enable the team to benefit from an open, flexible, secure and integrated PLM 2.0 software environment. The PLM solutions will play a vital role in helping streamline McLaren Racing’s processes, and promoting innovation and interdisciplinary collaboration from the initial concept to manufacturing and then to the racetrack itself, claimed the company.
“At McLaren Racing, we are looking at every opportunity to cut our time to market – whether that’s through clever design, the introduction of improved processes or, in the case of V6 PLM, by introducing a sophisticated product lifecycle management system to improve efficiency throughout the production cycle,” commented Jonathan Neale, MD, McLaren Racing.
- Keep Security At The Heart Of Digital Strategy: Unisys
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Consider Blockchain, Think Non-linear!
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India