Vodafone McLaren Mercedes to deploy Dassault's V6 solution
Dassault Systèmes, a 3D and product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions and McLaren Racing, the operating arm of the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team, recently announced a partnership to further enhance racing car development efficiency. As per the agreement McLaren Racing will deploy Dassault’s open V6 PLM solutions. Enovia V6 will provide McLaren Racing with a single IP reference for managing engineering, intellectual property and business processes, while Catia V6 will be used for design and concurrent engineering.
“By signing this important agreement with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes we are building a stronger partnership with a great Formula 1 team. This new collaboration demonstrates Formula 1’s world commitment to innovation,” commented Bernard Charles, CEO, Dassault Systèmes.
This deployment is expected to enable the team to benefit from an open, flexible, secure and integrated PLM 2.0 software environment. The PLM solutions will play a vital role in helping streamline McLaren Racing’s processes, and promoting innovation and interdisciplinary collaboration from the initial concept to manufacturing and then to the racetrack itself, claimed the company.
“At McLaren Racing, we are looking at every opportunity to cut our time to market – whether that’s through clever design, the introduction of improved processes or, in the case of V6 PLM, by introducing a sophisticated product lifecycle management system to improve efficiency throughout the production cycle,” commented Jonathan Neale, MD, McLaren Racing.
- 5 Indications That You're Almost Losing A Customer
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- AI-ML Is Taking Travel To The Next Level
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- Simeio Gains Talent Insight, Improves Retention With Oracle
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR