Voice-enabled m-Commerce Service Now in India
Telecom major Bharti Airtel s new m-Commerce service - mChek on Airtel - will allow its susbcribers to pay their Airtel mobile and fixed-line bills on the voice platform.
The service would also help in recharging Airtel mobile pre-paid and DTH accounts as well as Delhi-Gurgaon expressway toll tags through Interactive Voice Response (IVR).
To access the service, customers have to call 543219, which is toll free. This service ensures seamless and secure use of voice (IVR) for m-Commerce transactions, Airtel said in a statement.
"There is a tremendous potential for voice-enabled m- Commerce services in India and we are giving a huge thrust in this area. We believe that m-Commerce has the power to facilitate a paradigm shift in the way mobile users do commercial transactions and business in future," Atul Bindal, president (Mobile Services), Bharti Airtel, said.
To avail this service, Airtel customers have to call the number and create their own six-digit mChekPIN and link their VISA/MasterCard credit card. For later transactions, the subscriber needs to enter the PIN on their registered mobile number to authorise the transaction.
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Diwali Shopping
- How Top E-tailers Are Gearing Up For Festive Sale
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Tech Mahindra Slams Petition Against RCOM Over Dues
- Why Artificial Intelligence Is Poised To Disrupt E-Commerce
- Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud