VSNL Manages Network With Vallent
Vallent, a Service Assurance management provider has recorded its second major customer win in the form of Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL) which has announced the deployment of Vallent’s performance management solution to mange its network.
VSNL is deploying Vallent’s performance management solution to monitor and mange its complex network, which comprises of 58 different network element interfaces and incorporates multiple technologies including IP, voice switching, ATM, Frame Relay, XDSL, transmission among others.
In an exclusive to CXOtoday, David Burks, Vallent VP & GM said, “Our solution will provide VSNL the necessary tools of visibility into finding out the performance status of their network and prioritize the work that needs to be done, report on what needs to be done in order to optimize the performance levels, based on which the service provider can take appropriate measures in real time.”
Vallent bagged Bharati Telecom as it’s first customer almost two years ago when Bharati bought Vallent’s performance management solution for its GSM network. The company is looking to further increase its reach in the Indian marketplace and hence in addition to the VSNL win, the company has also announced the opening of a Delhi based marketing and sales office.
Elaborating on the reasons for choosing Vallent, M R. Madhusudhan, chief network officer, VSNL said, “We were impressed by vallent’s extensive experience in implementing a wide range of interfaces in multi-vendor, multi-technology networks. Their performance management solution delivers network performance metrics across all of our various network elements to provide a comprehensive view of the entire network.”
As far as deployment and implementation activities are concerned they are either managed by Vallent team based out of Kuala Lumpur or their global partners such as Accenture, TCS, Wipro etc.
Talking about Indian marketplace Burk said, “The Indian market is still maturing and as users start to demand newer and better services form their operators they will look more and more into network management, managing specific components of network infrastructure and elevate their service management capabilities presenting vendors like us with opportunities to capitalize on.”
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- For Most Firms, Digital Workplace Is Still Distant Dream : Gartner
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- Edge Computing Drives Internet Of Thing's Growth: Study
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO