WD releases My Book Live home network drive
WD (NYSE: WDC), an external storage solutions provider, today introduced My Book Live home network drive, a solution for storage of and access to content among consumer-grade network drives. The drive features automatic backup with WD SmartWare software for Windows, Apple Time Machine compatibility and Gigabit Ethernet technology for speeds faster than USB 2.0 drives, informed the company
“The average Indian household stores content on multiple devices such as their PC, laptops, smartphones etc. Network attached storage presents tremendous opportunity for families wishing to centralize all of their digital content and enjoy it on computers, TVs and smartphones around their home and beyond,” opined Khalid Wani, sales director, branded products - India, Middle East & Africa, Western Digital.
According to the company, the home network drive’s built-in media server enables users who wish to view videos, music and images on any Mac or PC connected to the home network and stream digital media to a television set through a DLNA-certified multimedia device such as TV Live Plus HD media player, Blu-ray Disc player, Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 game console. Users can also play music and videos stored on their drive in iTunes, as well as view their digital photos on their iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with the swipe of a finger through the included Photos application.
The home network drive is available in capacities of 1 TB and 2 TB and is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Leopard and Snow Leopard, as well as DLNA/UPnP enabled devices.
The network drive has a 3-year on-site limited warranty and is now available for Rs. 7,699 (1 TB) and Rs. 10,699 (2 TB).
- Fynd Uses Technology To Raise Its Style Quotient
- Emerging Tech To Drive Enterprise Digital Transformation
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- AI Interest Among CIOs Is Huge, But Deployment Is Low
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC
- Chinese Smartphones Move To Top 5 Global List, Courtesy India
- Google, L&T Team Up For 150 Hotspots In Pune
- India's Premium Smartphone Market Surges 20% In 2017: Report
- India's Surgical Robotics Market To Touch $350 Mn By 2025
- Dell EMC's Sandeep Bhambure Joins Veeam As MD For India And SAARC