WD's New Hard Drive Meets Storage Needs
Western Digital Corporation (WD), the second largest hard drive manufacturer worldwide, has announced the availability of its 320 GB capacity, enterprise-class WD Caviar RE.
With an increased capacity of nearly 30%, this launch cements WD’s commitment to providing cost-effective solutions for dependable, high capacity enterprise storage. WD Caviar RE drives spin at 7,200 RPM, are equipped with either Serial ATA (SATA) or EIDE interfaces and are now available in capacities up to 320 GB.
The WD Caviar RE is engineered to thrive in a high-intensity RAID system while still offering traditional low cost-per-capacity desktop value. It offers enhanced reliability in a 24×7, continuous duty cycle environment.
Among its key features is the time-limited error recovery (TLER) that improves compatibility with RAID adapters; prevents drive fallout caused by the extended hard drive error-recovery processes common to desktop hard drives.
An 8 MB cache provides a higher percentage of cache hits and significantly faster time to data than industry-standard 2 MB versions, while Fluid Dynamic Bearings (FDB) improve hard drive reliability; reduce heat, vibration and noise.
Commenting on the launch, Hafeez Khawaja, WD’s senior director of sales, Middle East/Africa & South Asia, said, “With this launch, WD looks to make further inroads into the Indian enterprise segment where we have already made significant headway with the 10,000 RPM WD Raptor drive.”
These drives will be available in India through authorized WD distributors such as Ingram Micro, Priya Ltd. and Inspan Infotech. Estimated street pricing for WD Caviar RE 320 GB capacity with SATA interface (model no. WD3200SD) is Rs 9,900 and WD Caviar RE 320 GB with EIDE interface (model no. WD3200SB) is Rs 9,500.
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- AR-VR To Become Enterprise Reality In 3-4 Years: Study
- Gartner Identifies 7 Technologies For The Digital Workplace
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- Boom Time For India's Video Surveillance Storage Market
- C-Suite Lessons: How To Secure Enterprise Network
- How Cisco Is Speeding Up Network Innovation
- Five Roadblocks In Enterprise Security Automation