We wouldn't have survived without analytics, Aditya Birla Group CIO
In today’s dynamic business environment, it is necessary to leverage big data analytics for effective business planning. At the recently concluded SAS Forum India 2013, thought leaders and industry stalwarts shared valuable insights, ideas and experiences on how organizations across industries can leverage high-performance analytics to transform big data into big business value.
At the forum, eminent business leaders from multinational banks, automobile industry, telecom companies and consultancy firms, shared their valuable experiences and insights in the forum. Additionally, senior executive speakers from the SAS global team also be shared how high-performance analytics helps enterprises to transform big data into big business value.
In one of the panel discussions at the forum titled “Driving Business Value through Business Analytics”, one of the panelist Atul Jayawant, Senior President - Corporate IT & Group CIO, Aditya Birla Group explained the vital role analytics played in enabling the growth of Idea Cellular. While giving a background of Idea and the telecom sector in the country as a whole, Atul explained how India’s telecom market was unique and managing 140 million subscribers was no easy task. Being in one of the most competitive segments, analytics played an important role in understanding the customers’ needs and living up to their expectations. “We wouldn’t have survived without analytics,” said Atul.
“Analytics helps us to responds to our customer’s quickly and efficiently. It also helps us to analyze the certain patterns, such as how many times a customer has called in the recent past, and if it is pertaining to the same issue or not.” added Atul. He further added that analytics also helps in lead generations, for instance during an on-ground event the data gathered can be analyzed to reach out to potential customers with right solutions.
- Rahul Tewari Joins QuiKr As CFO
- Nearly All Firms Are Unprepared For Next-gen Cyber-Attacks: Study
- Creating Men As Allies In Gender Diversity Programs
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- Outsourcing To India Is A Suitable Option For Another 3 Decades: Study
- Apple-Backed Group To Buy Toshiba Chip Biz For USD 18 Bn
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- India Sets Up Policy Group To Study AI: NASSCOM