WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
Facebook-owned instant messaging app WhatsApp has launched - WhatsApp Business targeting the small businesses.
At present the company plans to attract small business on the platform, for which initially the services will be free, though later they will be charged.
“People all around the world use WhatsApp to connect with small businesses they care about from online clothing companies in India to auto parts stores in Brazil,” the Facebook-owned app said in a statement.
The app has been launched on Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the US and the UK. The app will roll out for other countries and in India in the coming weeks.
“WhatsApp Business will make it easier for people to connect with them, and vice versa, in a fast and simple way,” the company said.
The messaging service will help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses and website. Users can continue using WhatsApp as usual — there’s no need to download anything new. Also, users will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
Over 80% of small businesses in India and Brazil say WhatsApp helps them both communicate with customers and grow their business today (Source: Morning Consult study). And WhatsApp Business will make it easier for people to connect with them, and vice versa, in a fast and simple way.
“People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number,” WhatsApp said.
This feature is rolling out for users around the world on the latest versions of iPhone, Android, Windows Phone as well as desktop.
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- How Cloud Is Transforming CXOs' Operating Style
- AI, Robotics Are All Here; Are Business Leaders Ready?
- Using RPA For Greater Accuracy, Efficiency In Business
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business
- What Stops Companies From Adopting Big Data Analytics
- Sify Names Arindam Mukherjee As Regional CEO, West
- Xerox: The Noun That Became A Verb, Expired
- Is Digitalisation A Boon Or Bane For Your Business?