Why Gender Diversity Matters In Organizational Success
Gender diversity is an essential component of organizational success. Various research papers have revealed that companies with more diverse workforces perform better financially. Even organizations have acknowledged the importance of gender diversity and are proactively encouraging the women workforce to take up new roles and responsibilities.
The rising awareness about equality and proactive measures from enterprises with dedicated programs have certainly helped in increasing women’s participation in the technology jobs. However, women are still not seen in a large numbers at the senior level positions. Education, awareness and dedicated efforts of enterprises are key factors to ensure long term commitment from women in their profession. At the same time, women really need to break their comfort zones and come out of the restricted mindset to utilize their talents and potential to the fullest.
In a candid interaction with CXO Today, Eileen O’ Mara, Senior Vice President –Customer Sales, Salesforce emphasizes on the open and transparent discussion and structural programs to encourage and support women to take up senior roles in organizations. Eileen O’ Mara firmly believes that all organizations that want to be competitive should take up gender diversity as a key priority area to create a framework of organizational culture.
- 5 Emerging Enterprise Tech Trends For 2017
- How Technology Is Transforming Higher Education
- Google, Microsoft To Crack Down On Internet Piracy: Report
- How Marketers Can Gain From Mobile-Social Strategy
- Digital Workforce Is Changing The Enterprise Landscape
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Feb 13-18)
- How Cloud Is Changing The Retail Game
- India's IoT Market Is The Next Big Thing, Say Experts
- Leadership Note: Fail Fast To Succeed Faster
- Blockchain, Cognitive Computing To Drive Cloud