Why Gender Diversity Matters In Organizational Success
Gender diversity is an essential component of organizational success. Various research papers have revealed that companies with more diverse workforces perform better financially. Even organizations have acknowledged the importance of gender diversity and are proactively encouraging the women workforce to take up new roles and responsibilities.
The rising awareness about equality and proactive measures from enterprises with dedicated programs have certainly helped in increasing women’s participation in the technology jobs. However, women are still not seen in a large numbers at the senior level positions. Education, awareness and dedicated efforts of enterprises are key factors to ensure long term commitment from women in their profession. At the same time, women really need to break their comfort zones and come out of the restricted mindset to utilize their talents and potential to the fullest.
In a candid interaction with CXO Today, Eileen O’ Mara, Senior Vice President –Customer Sales, Salesforce emphasizes on the open and transparent discussion and structural programs to encourage and support women to take up senior roles in organizations. Eileen O’ Mara firmly believes that all organizations that want to be competitive should take up gender diversity as a key priority area to create a framework of organizational culture.
- Refiners Still Reluctant To Invest In Digital Tech: Study
- IFFCO Undertakes a Complete Digital Journey
- Indian IT Exports To grow 7-8 pc In 2017-18: Nasscom
- CRM To Get Smarter With Artificial Intelligence
- Democratizing Education With Personalized Online Tutoring
- Frost & Sullivan Honors Tech Leaders For IT, Digital Innovation
- Verizon Completes Yahoo Deal, Marissa Mayer Exits
- Are Businesses Ready For GST Rollout?
- How Businesses Will Gain From GST's IT-Focused Approach
- Tech Support Will Continue To Play A Key Role In The Workplace