Will the new logo usher in a new era for Yahoo?
Yahoo is on a mission to change its image for the better. It’s rethinking its logo and will continue to play with its logo teasing audiences until its official unveiling on the September 4, 2013. So for a month the company will feature a variations of its iconic purple typography. The new logo is said to represent the new era of change in Yahoo, driven by CEO Marissa Mayer who has placed a lot of importance and focus on image and appearance.
According to veteran journalist Dan Farber in cnet.com, Marissa Mayer is very image conscious in her private and professional life which has led to Yahoo revamping its image, as is visible in Yahoo’s pages and apps, especially for mobile users. Yahoo’s chief marketer Kathy Savitt says the new logo is more modern and reflective of company’s “re-imagined design and new experiences” and “fun, vibrant and welcoming” character.
Savitt released a statement on Tumbler saying “ While the company is rapidly evolving, our logo, the essence of our brand, should too. Over the past year, there’s been a renewed sense of purpose and progress at Yahoo, and we want everything we do to reflect this spirit of innovation.”
According to IT analysts, the new change in logo is set to harness the era of change that Yahoo will bring about in the second year of Mayer’s tenure. With 21 companies under her belt, Mayer’s strategy has been all along to invest in a talent pool of engineers who will add to the companies design features and help return Yahoo to its former glory. Her aim has been to appeal to the younger audience and conform to a younger cooler hipper company. This is one of the reasons why she has been so bent on focusing on mobile users. With young, cool companies like Tumblr and a bunch of startups under Yahoo, it seems Mayer is in the right direction.
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India
- Why IT Pros Must Learn New Era Tech To Stay Relevant
- Online Startup Ideas You Can Begin Working On Today
- 7 Tech Trends Every Successful CXO Should Know
- Flipkart Selects Smartron To Design, Engineer Its First Smartphone
- How App Delivery Can Keep Pace With The Dynamic Market
- Escaping Automation-Led Redundancy In The Indian IT Industry
- Vishal Sikka Steps Down As Infosys' MD And CEO
- How Product Designing Has Changed Online Shopping