Will Twitter Fizzle Out?
We have all embraced and celebrated social networking sites over the years. Some social networking platforms have gained so much prominence in our lives, that our day begins and ends with them. In the midst of all this, we users disowned and conveniently forgot about a few sites, which were in their own right trendsetters at that time. Orkut was believed to be dead until Mumbai Police’s decided approach Google to remove the controversial Tanmay Bhat video from the site!
While emerging social networking sites are pitted against established social networking sites, it is interesting to watch them battle to stay on top of the popularity chart. According to a Bloomberg Report , Snapchat an image messaging and multimedia mobile application created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown has about 150 million users actively using the app on daily basis while Twitter has about 140 million users who engage in tweeting on a daily basis.
With refreshing auto filters and face swapping features Snapchat is undeniably one among the most popular apps especially among youngsters. The four year old has significantly dominated over Twitter which was established in the year 2006. Although tweets are popular in discussing trending current affairs, Snapchat remains a hot favourite among users. Snapchat has been in news for the “Snapchat Love Stories” of late.
Jack Dorsey, the Twitter CEO expressed his concerns about Twitter’s reliance on SMS at the Recode’s technology conference.
In May this year, Twitter announced that the Board of Directors has appointed Debra L. Lee, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BET Networks, to serve as a Board member, with the objective to create deeper impact on its users.
Twitter is rolling out a succession of new ad units and packages to offer advertisers more ways to be art of the conversation on Twitter. Last year more than 300 new advertisers joined the platform, head of sales Angus Keene confirmed in an interview - giving greater opportunities to SMEs and new businesses to thrive. Experts believe Twitter must also revamp its features in order to stay in the race.
- Twitter Names Sriram Krishnan As Senior Director Of Product
- How Mumbai Police Found Its Twitter Success Formula
- Twitter Hashtag@10: Why Brands Should Care
- Sundar Pichai, More Than Just Googled!
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Apr 17-22)
- Snapchat CEO's India Remark Underscores The Power Of Social Media
- H1-B Visa Delay May Leave Indian IT Sector In Limbo
- Trump To Target H-1B Visas; What It Means For Indian IT
- Twitter Data Can Improve Event Planning, Subway Operations
- Yahoo Fails, But Marissa Mayer Is Clearly 'The Boss'