Will WWDC witness the launch of new Apple iPhone?
Will Apple show off its next iPhone on June 8? This is the billion dollar question that everyone is asking. In fact, it will be the first day of Apple’s 2009 Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), where experts expect Apple to unveil its new iPhone and show off the final version of its iPhone 3.0 software.
What will be more important is that Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be present — or at least make an appearance — at WWDC. However, his medical leave is not scheduled to end until late June. We wouldn’t be surprised if Steve made a cameo, either to show off the new iPhone or to announce that he was retiring as CEO, said an analyst from Oven.
WWDC will take place on June 8-12 at the Moscone West expo hall in San Francisco. Apple would probably show off the new iPhone in their product keynote on June 8. As with last year, there is no guarantee the phone will ship on June 8. It is possible Apple won’t start shipping new phones for several days or weeks. Last year, there was a four-plus-week gap between the iPhone 3G announcement and its first day of sales.
The analyst expects a radical new phone with a significantly different design or feature set. Rumors of faster graphics, better Internet capabilities and video recording are floating around. It is possible that Apple will cut the price on the current iPhone 3G to $99, with the newer model taking over as Apple’s high-end offering.
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- Sanjay Brahmawar Joins Software AG As New CEO
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- Indian Firms Are More 'IT Transformed' Than Rest Of Asia: Study
- Voice Biometrics To Offer New, Exciting Opportunities To Enterprise
- Oracle Gets Ready To Soar To The Cloud
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- How To Involve Stakeholders In Selecting Enterprise Software
- IITs, IIMs Salary Skyrocket; Overall Hiring Slows Down