Wimax Forum selects Mformation platform
WiMAX Forum has selected Mformation Service Manager for its OMA DM certification platform for 4G WiMAX devices. The Mformation solution is the central reference point as part of the WiMAX Forum’s comprehensive Open Retail Initiative that tests and certifies WiMAX devices for service activation and remote management.
Mformation’s solutions for OMA DM device management, as specified by the Open Mobile Alliance, allow operators to automatically configure and manage devices.
"Activation and remote management of 4G WiMAX devices and services are central to helping operators and handset manufactures deliver a quality end-user experience right out of the box," said Ron Resnick, president and chairman, WiMAX Forum. "In addition to reducing the risks associated with device management and service delivery for operators and device manufacturers, certification is critical element to driving the 4G WiMAX market forward to ensure products work in any operator network around the globe."
"Certification of 4G WiMAX devices is critical to powering the broadband marketplace forward," said Rowan Scranage, SVP of Global Business Development and Corporate Strategy, Mformation. "Remote activation and management of 4G WiMAX devices and services is core to providing a great end-user experience. Our collaboration with the WiMAX Forum and its members will help ensure that 4G WiMAX devices are certified and that, when they are released into the market, they work seamlessly in the hands of end-users."
- New GST Rate Disappoints Telcos, Phone Makers
- Chinese Mobile Brands Taking Over Smartphone Market
- India's Online Gaming Market Poised For Growth
- Oracle To Open Its First India Data Center
- Digital India Driving Growth For Oracle: CEO Safra Catz
- India To Have 420 Mn Mobile Internet Users By June: Study
- Oracle OpenWorld Will Open The World To India: MD
- How Google Helped NoBroker Amp Up Its Mobile Web
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Will See Strong Enterprise Demand
- Red Hat On An Expansion Spree In India