Wimax Forum selects Mformation platform
WiMAX Forum has selected Mformation Service Manager for its OMA DM certification platform for 4G WiMAX devices. The Mformation solution is the central reference point as part of the WiMAX Forum’s comprehensive Open Retail Initiative that tests and certifies WiMAX devices for service activation and remote management.
Mformation’s solutions for OMA DM device management, as specified by the Open Mobile Alliance, allow operators to automatically configure and manage devices.
"Activation and remote management of 4G WiMAX devices and services are central to helping operators and handset manufactures deliver a quality end-user experience right out of the box," said Ron Resnick, president and chairman, WiMAX Forum. "In addition to reducing the risks associated with device management and service delivery for operators and device manufacturers, certification is critical element to driving the 4G WiMAX market forward to ensure products work in any operator network around the globe."
"Certification of 4G WiMAX devices is critical to powering the broadband marketplace forward," said Rowan Scranage, SVP of Global Business Development and Corporate Strategy, Mformation. "Remote activation and management of 4G WiMAX devices and services is core to providing a great end-user experience. Our collaboration with the WiMAX Forum and its members will help ensure that 4G WiMAX devices are certified and that, when they are released into the market, they work seamlessly in the hands of end-users."
- Intelligent Robots Adapt Faster By Natural Language
- This Mobile App Lets You Track Digital Behavior
- SMAC Is Speeding Up Open Source Adoption
- Enterprises Still Struggling With Digital Innovation
- 60% Rise In Global Mobile Data Traffic
- SMBs Lacking Digital Footprint Are Losers, says Study
- YES Bank To Offer Mobile Payments Wafer SIM To Customers
- Are CXOs Taking IT Risk Management Seriously?
- Mobile Ad Dominates Google's Quarterly Profit
- Microsoft's Biggest Mistake: Missing The 'Mobile' Boat