Wipro Implements Oracle E-Business Suite
Wipro Technologies - the global IT services business of Wipro Limited, and Oracle have announced implementation of the Oracle E-Business Suite at Merichem. Houston based Merichem supplies chemicals, technology, and services for hydrocarbon processing and pulp and paper industries worldwide.
Amitava Sharma, Head, Oracle Practices, Wipro Technologies says, “The record-setting Oracle E-Business Suite implementation for Merichem was made possible through effective use of Oracle accelerators and Wipro’s Accelerated Implementation methodology (A-EAPM). These tools significantly reduce time to market and improve quality of delivery for our customers.”
Benefits for Wipro’s Oracle E-Business Suite are improving cross organization processes and expanding functionalities available to the business. As an example, the solution will enable real-time visibility and tracking of Merichem’s Rail Car fleet to interface with third party rail car tracking systems. This will facilitate transactional analysis of associated transportation costs. It will also help streamline back-office processes.
As a Certified Advantage Partner in the Oracle partner network, Wipro and Oracle are working together to implement Oracle Applications globally. Wipro has leveraged its global delivery model from its near shore - offshore centers at Houston, Texas and Bangalore, India.
Wipro and Oracle are currently in the process of expanding use of this model across the chemicals, engineering and construction markets in order to support cost efficient and low risk application implementations.
- Exhibitors Improve Decision Making With Big Data
- Snapdeal Creates Financial Services Marketplace
- IBM Invests $3bn To Streamline Its IoT Business
- India x86 Server Market Shows Signs of Growth
- Oracle Hires Aggressively In APAC To Sell Cloud
- Wipro Set To Grow Its Digital Footprint Globally
- CommVault Taps Into Data To Woo The Enterprise
- Twitter CEO Dick Costolo Upbeat On India Market
- Scrapping Sec 66A Won't Bring Total Freedom To Cyber Space
- Google Now Adds Bill Payment To GMail