Wipro Infocrossing to open data center in Cleveland County, NC
Infocrossing, a Wipro (NYSE: WIT)subsidiary and an IT infrastructure management services provider, has purchased an existing structure in Cleveland County, North Carolina, and will convert the building to a data center to support its growing IT infrastructure business.
“Our vision for our Cleveland County data center is to not only increase our data center footprint, but build a data center that brings the best infrastructure technology to our clients,” commented Sameer Kishore, president, Wipro Infocrossing.
Kishore further added that the company is committed to building localized and global delivery capabilities, something that their customers, believe differentiates them from their competitors.
The company informed that, the new data center will be constructed to meet the Uptime Institute’s requirements for a Tier III rating. Furthermore, the facility will be designed to meet LEED (leadership in energy and environmental design) certification. The data center will support all major platforms including mainframe, Windows, Unix, Linux and iSeries, and will house the company’s cloud computing services.
“The addition of our state-of-the art Cleveland County data center will enhance our capabilities and capacity, positioning us for greater marketshare,” states Martha Bejar, president, global sales and operations, Wipro.
- Keep Security At The Heart Of Digital Strategy: Unisys
- CIOs Can Majorly Gain From Edge Data Centers
- How Enterprises Can Start Building Their AI-ML Capabilities
- Which AI Is Best For Customer Engagement, Revenue Generation
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- QYOU Chalks Out India Expansion Plans
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- Tata Comm To Help CII With Digital Transformation
- Why AI Could Be Cybersecurity’s Next Big Thing
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple