Wipro Infocrossing to open data center in Cleveland County, NC
Infocrossing, a Wipro (NYSE: WIT)subsidiary and an IT infrastructure management services provider, has purchased an existing structure in Cleveland County, North Carolina, and will convert the building to a data center to support its growing IT infrastructure business.
“Our vision for our Cleveland County data center is to not only increase our data center footprint, but build a data center that brings the best infrastructure technology to our clients,” commented Sameer Kishore, president, Wipro Infocrossing.
Kishore further added that the company is committed to building localized and global delivery capabilities, something that their customers, believe differentiates them from their competitors.
The company informed that, the new data center will be constructed to meet the Uptime Institute’s requirements for a Tier III rating. Furthermore, the facility will be designed to meet LEED (leadership in energy and environmental design) certification. The data center will support all major platforms including mainframe, Windows, Unix, Linux and iSeries, and will house the company’s cloud computing services.
“The addition of our state-of-the art Cleveland County data center will enhance our capabilities and capacity, positioning us for greater marketshare,” states Martha Bejar, president, global sales and operations, Wipro.
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative