Wipro Infocrossing to open data center in Cleveland County, NC
Infocrossing, a Wipro (NYSE: WIT)subsidiary and an IT infrastructure management services provider, has purchased an existing structure in Cleveland County, North Carolina, and will convert the building to a data center to support its growing IT infrastructure business.
“Our vision for our Cleveland County data center is to not only increase our data center footprint, but build a data center that brings the best infrastructure technology to our clients,” commented Sameer Kishore, president, Wipro Infocrossing.
Kishore further added that the company is committed to building localized and global delivery capabilities, something that their customers, believe differentiates them from their competitors.
The company informed that, the new data center will be constructed to meet the Uptime Institute’s requirements for a Tier III rating. Furthermore, the facility will be designed to meet LEED (leadership in energy and environmental design) certification. The data center will support all major platforms including mainframe, Windows, Unix, Linux and iSeries, and will house the company’s cloud computing services.
“The addition of our state-of-the art Cleveland County data center will enhance our capabilities and capacity, positioning us for greater marketshare,” states Martha Bejar, president, global sales and operations, Wipro.
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy
- How Big Data Is Changing The Media Industry
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- How Big Data Analytics Is Changing The Face Of Recruitment
- Is Your Data Hackproof?
- Zoho Announces New Launch, Updates And Data Centers In India
- Rapid Innovation Puts Customer Experience At Risk: Study