Wipro Launches Open Data Center CoE
Wipro Ltd., India’s leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company today launched a first of its kind Open Data Center - Centre of Excellence (CoE) with the underlying theme of ‘Software Defined Infrastructure’ (SDI).
Wipro’s Open Data Center - CoE integrates proprietary and Open Source solutions across all layers including Network, Storage, Compute and Cloud. The Centre of Excellence is aimed at transforming client Data Centers leveraging Wipro’s Adoption Framework, comprising of Wipro IP assets including accelerators, tools, migration methodologies and infrastructure automation applications. The CoE also draws from Wipro’s significant investments in emerging areas such as Open Stack framework. This is part of Wipro’s organization wide initiative to build in house SDI and Open Source solutions.
G. K. Prasanna, President and Chief Executive - Global Infrastructure Services (GIS), Wipro Ltd. said, “Wipro’s Open Data Center is an industry leading data centre platform, demonstrating Wipro’s commitment to help clients navigate through challenges associated with transformation of data centers in the new world. We have launched this CoE to build, integrate, test and demonstrate customer aligned SDI solutions and bringing in significant IP assets to address issues as clients undergo this transition and manage heterogeneous environments.”
Wipro’s Open Data Center - CoE has three data centres, with dual Data Centre architecture. These are located in Mountain View, USA and Wipro’s Electronic City campus in Bangalore India.
The Centre of Excellence demonstrates multiple disruptive Software Defined technologies in action to simulate real world Datacenter environment where legacy and Software Defined Infrastructure (SDI) co-exist. The CoE demonstrates how the custom developed tools and plug-ins can be leveraged to achieve integration across diverse and different generation of underlying computer, network and storage technologies and give unified end-user experience.
Wipro has forged strategic and niche technology alliances with Silicon Valley start-ups and mid-size OEMs to offer comprehensive and future-proof solutions to customers. The IT major has a workforce of over 150,000, serving clients in over 175 cities across 6 continents.
- Machine Learning Helps Doctors To Generate Precise, Faster Prescriptions
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner