Wipro launches ‘Testing as a Service' portal
Wipro Technologies, the global consulting, system integration and outsourcing business of Wipro and a testing services provider, recently launched its testing as a service (TaaS) portal. The portal is poised as a virtual marketplace for potential customers to browse, request for quotes and purchase services online and enable customer to select and buy services at the click of the mouse. Wipro plans to add 20 more services and more functionality to the portal in the near future.
“Based on initial feedback from the industry, the portal is being seen as a disruptive offering that has the potential to change the way business is done in the Testing Services Industry,” stated Gangadharaiah C.P., senior vice president and global head of testing services, Wipro Technologies.
The highlight of TaaS portal, as explained by Gangadharaiah, is the simplicity of use that it offers from a clear service definition and a catalogue of productized services, which enables customers to browse these services, choose from an array of service parameters, request for a proposal and in near future even buy and consume services online.
Globally, testing services are a USD 56 billion market, where 10 percent gets outsourced to India through the traditional off shoring methods, as per third party estimates.
- India's Smart Cities: Lesson From Singapore
- Hitachi To Focus On Social Innovation Biz
- Businesses Must Prepare For IoT Challenges
- Dealing With Risks In The Hyper-Connected World
- Happiest Minds Among Deloitte Fastest Growing Technology Company List
- How Firms Can Use Software To Power Their Biz
- Six Business Secrets from Magic Johnson
- Why Enterprises Must Focus On Green IT Now
- 'Innovate Or Perish In An Application Economy'
- Evolving Businesses: Ask The Right Questions