Wipro launches ‘Testing as a Service' portal
Wipro Technologies, the global consulting, system integration and outsourcing business of Wipro and a testing services provider, recently launched its testing as a service (TaaS) portal. The portal is poised as a virtual marketplace for potential customers to browse, request for quotes and purchase services online and enable customer to select and buy services at the click of the mouse. Wipro plans to add 20 more services and more functionality to the portal in the near future.
“Based on initial feedback from the industry, the portal is being seen as a disruptive offering that has the potential to change the way business is done in the Testing Services Industry,” stated Gangadharaiah C.P., senior vice president and global head of testing services, Wipro Technologies.
The highlight of TaaS portal, as explained by Gangadharaiah, is the simplicity of use that it offers from a clear service definition and a catalogue of productized services, which enables customers to browse these services, choose from an array of service parameters, request for a proposal and in near future even buy and consume services online.
Globally, testing services are a USD 56 billion market, where 10 percent gets outsourced to India through the traditional off shoring methods, as per third party estimates.
- Can Samsung Pay Boost Mobile Payments In India?
- India's Internet Is Developing Fast, But Has Long Way To Go
- Cloud Telephony To Help SMEs Scale New Heights
- How A Human-Robot Collaboration Can Succeed
- Re-Imagining A Career Women: Newer Roles And Newer Opportunities
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Feb 27-Mar 4)
- Capillary Technologies Aims At 2x Growth In FY18
- IoT Adds Fuel To Smart Cities’ Engine
- Big Data Analytics, The Key To Personalization
- Tata Motors, Microsoft Collaborate To Boost Connected Cars