Wipro launches virtual desktop infrastructure built on Cisco UCS
Wipro Ltd. today announced the launch of Wipro Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) built on Cisco and NetApp FlexPod infrastructure based on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) technology. This is the company’s first hosted service launched from a portfolio of planned hosted XaaS solutions.
Wipro’s iStructure, provides the platform for the VDI as well as its portfolio of XaaS services. The VDI solution is a based on the desktop virtualization software from Citrix and VMware. This solution can be extended to deliver a virtual workspace that includes voice, video, media applications, end point transformation, and integration of unified communication and collaboration applications.
“Today’s ever-increasing business need to reduce IT asset costs, while increasing security and agility is driving the demand for XaaS offerings. Enterprises are looking for tailored, cloud based solutions such as Wipro hosted VDI,” said Pinaki Kar, President and CEO, Wipro datacentre services.
“Wipro’s hosted VDI solution integrates desktop virtualization with social collaboration thereby enhancing end user productivity, IT efficiency and business value for enterprises,” said Malay Verma, Vice President & Global Head for Cisco Business Unit, Wipro.
Wipro is clearly tapping into a robust market niche. According to Gartner, “In 2012, the IaaS market was $6.1 billion, and it is forecast to grow to $24.2 billion in 2016. Cloud Compute Services continue to be a very high growth sub segment within the IaaS market with a CAGR of 42.6 percent.”
- Lack Of Integrated Tools Leads To Project Failure: Study
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Smart Cities And Iot To Offer Big Business In India
- Why VPN Services Are Getting More And More Popular
- How Robo-Advisors Are Disrupting Financial Services
- 850 Mn Internet Users To Boost India's Digital Economy
- Virtual Reality Is Reshaping India's Real Estate Industry
- AI Business Value to Reach $1.2 Tn in 2018: Gartner