Wipro launches virtual desktop infrastructure built on Cisco UCS
Wipro Ltd. today announced the launch of Wipro Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) built on Cisco and NetApp FlexPod infrastructure based on Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) technology. This is the company’s first hosted service launched from a portfolio of planned hosted XaaS solutions.
Wipro’s iStructure, provides the platform for the VDI as well as its portfolio of XaaS services. The VDI solution is a based on the desktop virtualization software from Citrix and VMware. This solution can be extended to deliver a virtual workspace that includes voice, video, media applications, end point transformation, and integration of unified communication and collaboration applications.
“Today’s ever-increasing business need to reduce IT asset costs, while increasing security and agility is driving the demand for XaaS offerings. Enterprises are looking for tailored, cloud based solutions such as Wipro hosted VDI,” said Pinaki Kar, President and CEO, Wipro datacentre services.
“Wipro’s hosted VDI solution integrates desktop virtualization with social collaboration thereby enhancing end user productivity, IT efficiency and business value for enterprises,” said Malay Verma, Vice President & Global Head for Cisco Business Unit, Wipro.
Wipro is clearly tapping into a robust market niche. According to Gartner, “In 2012, the IaaS market was $6.1 billion, and it is forecast to grow to $24.2 billion in 2016. Cloud Compute Services continue to be a very high growth sub segment within the IaaS market with a CAGR of 42.6 percent.”
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Looking At The World Through A Digital Lens
- 3 Ways AR-VR Can Boost Autonomous Vehicles
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- 5 Ways Data Will Get Faster, Smarter: NetApp CTO
- 10 Trends Redefining Enterprise IT Infrastructure
- SDN-NFV: The Game Changers In Indian Telecom sector
- Building Intelligent Security Into Your Network