Wipro partners with Citrix and Microsoft to Deliver DaaS
Wipro Technologies the consulting, system integration and outsourcing business of Wipro and Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS), announced an initiative with Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) to deliver an integrated Wipro Desktop as a Service (Wipro DaaS) solution that uses the desktop virtualization technologies of Citrix and Microsoft.
The solution is based on Citrix XenDesktop and leverages Citrix FlexCastT delivery technology to provide multiple types of virtual desktops, specifically tailored to meet requirements of users, states Wipro. It also incorporates the Microsoft VDI Premium Suite, which includes Microsoft VDI infrastructure and management software so customers can virtualize, manage, stream and remotely display applications and deliver desktops remotely. It is currently available for beta customers, and will be generally available in the first quarter of 2011.
“Our work with Wipro can help customers build on existing investments with comprehensive management to mitigate risks and control costs, while still equipping employees to be more productive from anywhere,” remarked David McCann, gm, server and cloud platform marketing, Microsoft.
“We see a need to simplify the deployment and management of desktop virtualization. Our solution can be hosted at Wipro’s state-of-the-art datacenters and at a customer’s location, allowing our clients to have the benefits of the private cloud computing model while achieving the optimized distribution of the hosting infrastructure,” commented Deepak Jain, SVP, Global Head Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS), Wipro.
Wipro DaaS is expected to offer organizations virtual desktops and applications as a service. The solution will be hosted at Wipro’s datacenters or at a customer’s location.
“This new service broadly addresses the needs of different users via multiple types of virtual desktops, such as session-based shared desktops for task workers, VDI desktops for power users, or streamed desktops for lab environments,” stated Sumit Dhawan, VP, XenDesktop Product Marketing.
- Apollo Hospitals Using Microsoft's AI To Improve Cardiac Care
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- Tech Is The Future of Employee Onboarding, Says Study
- Shaping The Future Of Education Through Technology
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Creating Smarter Cities With Smart Technologies
- Cloud Majors to Put More Emphasis on Edge Computing: Study
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert