Wipro receives software order from UK’s Premier Foods
Wipro Technologies has been chosen by Premier Foods, the United Kingdom’s largest food producer, as a strategic technology partner.
As part of the five year strategic relationship, Wipro will be supporting both systems and processes to enhance efficiency of Premier Foods’ supply chain, says a statement from the company.
Premier Foods produces and markets more than 40 British brands. It owns many of the UK’s best known food brands including Hovis, Ambrosia, Mr. Kipling and Sharwood’s.
Financial details of the contract were not revealed.
According to Mark Vickery, Group I.S. and Change Director, Premier Foods, “Wipro’s strong SAP capabilities along with their deep Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) domain expertise made Wipro a natural fit for our company.”
Premier Foods hopes to realize quantifiable benefits for a known budgetary expenditure with minimal exposure to variable costs with this deal.
Wipro’s strong partnership with SAP, global SAP consultant base, end to end implementation coverage, delivery innovation, and outcome based service models and competencies in cloud based services will be leveraged for this engagement.
“Spiraling input costs combined with increased margin pressures and shrinking wallet share of the consumer have made consumer goods companies acknowledge the imperative of better business outcomes of their IT investments,” said Bhanumurthy B M, Senior Vice President, Retail, CPG, Transportation and Government, Wipro Technologies.
He added that Wipro’s CPG practice adopts a value chain based approach to provide customized, industry specific solutions for customers who can leverage their existing IT investments, institute agility in their processes and maximize the value of strategic assets.
As per the September quarter results of Wipro, revenue from retail and transportation, grew by 3.8 percent QoQ, while revenue from Europe increased 6.8 percent QoQ.
- How AR-VR Is Changing The World Of Advertising
- Smart City Mission: Tier II-III Cities Take the Lead
- Demand For Data Scientists In India Up By Over 400 pc: Study
- When Securing Customer Loyalty Becomes Critical
- Blockchain To Shape Next-Gen Supply Chains In Healthcare: GlobalData
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Flipkart, ASUS Announce Long-Term Partnership For India Market
- Myntra Acquires Smart Wearables Firm Witworks
- How IoT Is Revolutionizing CPG Industry
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth